Anyway... I'm also making it as a Spear-based role. If you have
recommendations on making it more distinguished, give 'em. The
RNG-dependant games are fun.

On 2005-03-18, Arcane Cossack <arcanecossack@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've created a new role..
>
> http://ccc.domaindlx.com/psxdoom/polyrole.diff There's the diff..
>
> http://ccc.domaindlx.com/psxdoom/Poly.des And there's a diff to add to
> the /dat directory, and it has to be added to the Makefile where all
> the other .deses are.

Are you familiar with slashem- in which Doppelganger is a race?

--
Andrew D. Hilton
UPenn Phd Student

On 2005-03-18, Arcane Cossack <arcanecossack@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you familiar with apples and oranges?

Sure, they are:

FOOD("apple", 15, 1, 2, 0, VEGGY, 50, CLR_RED),
FOOD("orange", 10, 1, 2, 0, VEGGY, 80, CLR_ORANGE),

respectively. Which, can actually be compared quite easily-- apples
are slightly more common, but oranges provide a bit more nutrition.
Apples are red, oranges, are orange, and otherweise, they are both
basically the same.

And the class you proposed is also comparable to the doppelganger race-
both polymorph from the start, both gain poly ctrl at a mid level
(7 or 9)-- the difference is that you make it a class while makes it
a race, and ofc in you get techs for it. Besides the fact that
it seems like something that really should be more of a race than a class
[note that 'elf' used to be a class, as I understand it, and then
got turned into a race, since it made more sense]..

--
Andrew D. Hilton
UPenn Phd Student