[SOLVED] Likelihood of Hardware Being Dead After my PSU Failed?

Nov 4, 2020
Hey,

Tonight I was streaming, and a spark seemed to come from the PSU area of my gaming PC. All the electric sockets in my house then tripped. After I turned the electric back on, the only thing not working was my gaming PC. I had a Corsair HX1000i so I'm hoping it would not have damaged my PC components on failure. Do you think it will have? The worse thing is, I cannot afford a new PSU for a month... Hopefully I can borrow someone elses' PSU to test. Worried, as it is a £2000+ build.

Kind regards.

Hey,

Tonight I was streaming, and a spark seemed to come from the PSU area of my gaming PC. All the electric sockets in my house then tripped. After I turned the electric back on, the only thing not working was my gaming PC. I had a Corsair HX1000i so I'm hoping it would not have damaged my PC components on failure. Do you think it will have? The worse thing is, I cannot afford a new PSU for a month... Hopefully I can borrow someone elses' PSU to test. Worried, as it is a £2000+ build.

Kind regards.
I think that PSU has a 10-year warranty so unless it is very old you won't have to pay for a new one

Nov 4, 2020
Didn't think of that. It says 3 years on the Scan page I bought it on, in terms of a direct manufacturer warranty, only 1 year for Scan. It will be finding all of the wires as I mixed and matched, that will be the issue for a return. I'll probably be able to find a list somewhere though.

USAFRet

Titan
Didn't think of that. It says 3 years on the Scan page I bought it on, in terms of a direct manufacturer warranty, only 1 year for Scan. It will be finding all of the wires as I mixed and matched, that will be the issue for a return. I'll probably be able to find a list somewhere though.
"as I mixed and matched "

Mixed and matched what, exactly?
Modular PSU cables are NOT universal.

roryrocker13

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2015
I had two PSUs die, and both times killed the GPU and even once the CPU, I guess theyre really is no way to truly know unless you get another PSU. I do think its unlikely though, my PSUs were really old before they did that.