Question Limit cpu frequency

rmills55

Prominent
Dec 8, 2019
Hi everyone, I've got a windows 10 laptop build 1909 now!

It has an 8750h and to save a bit of fan noise I limited the cpu (yes have repasted it to keep temp down)

I limited the cpu in windows 10 power settings, worked great for months! Then 1903 came out and for some stupid reason game mode overwrote windows 10 power settings, so I disabled game mode, worked flawlessly!

Then 1909 came out, the 3.4ghz cpu limit worked in desktop, when I opened a game it would automatically ignore the power setting and max out to 4ghz ish, bringing up temp and therefore fan noise!

I have tried resetting windows, to no success! Does anyone have any idea how to get the power setting to stay enforced during this?
Many thanks

rmills55

Prominent
Dec 8, 2019
Thank you for the input, xtu has almost every setting greyed out due to Asus armoury crate, I'm in a forum about this laptop and no one can get it working only throttlestop which is tedious on this machine too, and I've never used it :/

rmills55

Prominent
Dec 8, 2019
Have currently got it working with throttle stop, but on this machine you must turn it on, then engage throttlestop, then put it to sleep and wake it up before it works, every time you use the computer!

TRENDING THREADS