Limited Access. Unidentified Network

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kaithedestroyer

Reputable
Feb 4, 2016
I just got the D-Link Wireless N 150 Desktop PCI Adapter cause I wanted to connect to the wifi without tethering my phone to my pc.

After I installed everything, it doesn't connected to the internet. I got the limited access and unidentified network problems instead. I updated the driver and still nothing worked.

It worked when I tethered my phone, which was connected to the same wifi connection. But why not on my wireless adapter? How do I fix this?

Solution
Well go into Programs and Features and see if there is an option to uninstall the D-Link drivers you've already installed. If there is, uninstall them. Windows is usually pretty good about removing network drivers without asking you to reboot afterwards. Once you've removed the old drivers, then install the new ones.

Kaithedestroyer

Reputable
Feb 4, 2016

Okay. So, should I reinstall everything?

Well go into Programs and Features and see if there is an option to uninstall the D-Link drivers you've already installed. If there is, uninstall them. Windows is usually pretty good about removing network drivers without asking you to reboot afterwards. Once you've removed the old drivers, then install the new ones.

Solution

Kaithedestroyer

Reputable
Feb 4, 2016

Okay. Thanks