Limited Edition Roccat Kone Pure Color Gaming Mouse Arrives

Status
Not open for further replies.

realibrad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2007
I would say simple, not ugly. Its just a simple gaming mouse shape with some color. Nothing ground breaking for sure, but to say ugly is your taste. To call this design ugly, is to call almost all mice ugly.

Fulgurant

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2012
Hard to form an opinion of this or any other product without an idea of how much it costs.

If you click over the Roccat site, they give you an annoying link to a, "Where to Buy," page that (after you supply your country) gives you a list of stores, along with links to each store's generic website (like, say, Amazon.com) -- presumably I have to find the product on the store's site myself, which is more trouble than it's worth for my purposes.

This goes for all marketing types: supply a price or at least an MSRP on your website. You lose more people by making them jump through hoops to find the bleeping price than you could possibly gain by playing coy. The people who would be turned off by a prominently displayed price aren't gonna buy the thing anyway; no point in wasting their time before they can make that determination.

Sorry for the general rant.

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
I like their approach, simple yet elegant. Too bad I have the M60 which works just as it is intended with minimal number of buttons.

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
I don't understand the fascination for 1001 buttons on a mouse for it to be a gaming mouse. I'm far more impressed by accuracy of movement, smooth action, button control, ergo, feel, etc. That seems to be what this is. Giant horsepower. Enough buttons to get the job done. I use the G500. This might be just what I'm looking for. The 500's thumb buttons are too sharp for my tastes. Even though it has 3, I only use 2 most of the time. Although I do use the wheel lean functions far more then the middle-button. Love that and would be hard to do away with that... But I also hate 1001 thumb buttons. 2-4 tops. Then use shift/ctrl/alt as modifiers. Otherwise I'll be trying to find button # 243 in the middle with my fat thumb and hitting the dozen surrounding it and messing everything all to heck. It's just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.