Limited Edition XFORMA MBX MKII PC Case Costs $1,250

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Ridiculous.
On another note that water cooling set-up in that picture above is pretty sweet. Aluminium pipes takes the hard tube to a new level.
I'll continue using my Antec P183 for the quietness, amazing build quality and lack of window which I like. Bloody thing weighs a tonne though with all that steel.

oczdude8

Distinguished
wow I think they nailed the dimensions. I really like how you can mount a quad rad at the bottom without having the case be the size of the corsair 900D. Not a sure if I like the outside looks though. Still I would buy this if it was around $300

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I thought this was an April Fool's joke. The case does not look special like my INWIN 902. I really don't see where the 1250 is going, especially when you need to pay extra for the water-cooling when the price tag kinda says you can get this can and custom water cooling for half the price.

It's a decent looking case, I dig the style. Although as others have pointed out it's just a spin off of a much less expensive existing case. Many other nice looking well thought out cases for 1/10th the price. I think my biggest burn on this case is over $1200 and they couldn't be bothered with tempered tinted (or clear optional) glass windows on such a limited quantity? Plexi really killed the overall 'quality'.

Same if I were to consider a high end car over $100k, I expect wood accents and genuine leather. Not 'wood' patterned plastic and naugahyde. Nothing against plexi, my enthoo pro has plexi windows - it was also $100.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Antec P183 is the most solid and well made case I have had the pleasure of dealing with. It's only draw back is it's incredible weight but that weight is what makes is a silent runner. If I dare take the double skin with foam inner side off I am immediately deafened by a pair of GTX570's. It cost about $200 in Australia. Everyone I know now owns one since seeing the quality of mine.

Arabian Knight

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015

Cooler Master HAF X and Cosmos 2 are my best picks :)

Haravikk

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
The article refers to "the lucky ones", but all I can think is "the idiots with more money than sense". This is a pretty generic case internally, and externally it's nothing spectacular either.

If you want to blow money on something to be impressive then buy yourself a decent rack server case and load it with six graphics cards; do it right or not at all.

Antonio1941

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2015
Personally, if I decided to spent over thousand dollars on a pc case...i would rather buy that Lian Li table than this. Alternatively,you can get more for less money with Coolermaster Cosmos II. Overall, better to invest in more "horsepower" under the hood than in the hood alone, that's my philosophy.

straigh jacket

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
I am using a Corsair 400R.. Couldn't be happier with it.. not sure what this case offers that makes it worth a thousand bucks more than my case?

kastraelie

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2006
For the people judging from the first two lines of the article, please check out the actual chassis from the sauce: https://xforma.com/mbx_mkii/

Charles has been working closely with Silverstone for many years perfecting this chassis and it is anything but "just." If you have seen one of these in person and the attention to detail you would just cry. You can check out some builds with earlier models here: http://www.million-dollar-pc.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.