Limited or No Connection and no IP address from router

I am getting a Limited or No connection when I enable WEP on my router and
wireless card. The wireless card (WPC54G) sees the router, but do not get an
ip address from the router (WRT54G). I know 100% its not the key, as I cut
and pasted this information into a document and stored locally on the laptop
for future refereance.

If WEP is disabled, I get an IP address with no issue.

I have also tried all the Linksys knowledge base articales, but none work.

I'm having the same problem. I've tried all the fixes, but no long-term
joy. IMHO there is a problem with the Linksys drivers & SP2. I haven't
received any help from Linksys beyond 'there may be a problem with SP2, but
no fix is available & there may never be a fix." I am able to get it to
work for a little while by uninstalling the driver, then reinstalling.

"PK" <PK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am getting a Limited or No connection when I enable WEP on my router and
> wireless card. The wireless card (WPC54G) sees the router, but do not get
> an
> ip address from the router (WRT54G). I know 100% its not the key, as I
> cut
> and pasted this information into a document and stored locally on the
> laptop
> for future refereance.
>
> If WEP is disabled, I get an IP address with no issue.
>
> I have also tried all the Linksys knowledge base articales, but none work.

how about a diff channel?

it maybe that interference is playing a part with the more complex signal
using wep than not?

mike

mike
"PK" <PK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am getting a Limited or No connection when I enable WEP on my router and
> wireless card. The wireless card (WPC54G) sees the router, but do not get
an
> ip address from the router (WRT54G). I know 100% its not the key, as I
cut
> and pasted this information into a document and stored locally on the
laptop
> for future refereance.
>
> If WEP is disabled, I get an IP address with no issue.
>
> I have also tried all the Linksys knowledge base articales, but none work.

---

I have even tried this soluation as well.

Appears to be something either with SP2 or Linksys as my wireless print
server from HP is working correctly. My gut feeling its something with SP2
as this was working before the upgrade to SP2

"mikeFNB" wrote:

> how about a diff channel?
>
> it maybe that interference is playing a part with the more complex signal
> using wep than not?
>
> mike
>
> mike
> "PK" <PK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am getting a Limited or No connection when I enable WEP on my router and
> > wireless card. The wireless card (WPC54G) sees the router, but do not get
> an
> > ip address from the router (WRT54G). I know 100% its not the key, as I
> cut
> > and pasted this information into a document and stored locally on the
> laptop
> > for future refereance.
> >
> > If WEP is disabled, I get an IP address with no issue.
> >
> > I have also tried all the Linksys knowledge base articales, but none work.
> >

> ---

peter

I have the same problem with a Netgear 511T unit.It worked perfectly before I
updated my Laptop to SP2.Now it works only part time (50%).
When I reinstall the drivers for the laptop card it will work fine for a day or
two and then act up again.
AS far as I am concerned it is definitely SP2!!!
I was thinking about turning off the "wireless zero configuration services"
because that is the only(?) part of SP2 that might be interfering with Netgear
configuration utility.Does Linksys have its own config utility or does it use
the build in SP2 one??
peter
>I have even tried this soluation as well.
>
> Appears to be something either with SP2 or Linksys as my wireless print
> server from HP is working correctly. My gut feeling its something with SP2
> as this was working before the upgrade to SP2
>
> "mikeFNB" wrote:
>
>> how about a diff channel?
>>
>> it maybe that interference is playing a part with the more complex signal
>> using wep than not?
>>
>> mike
>>
>> mike
>> "PK" <PK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I am getting a Limited or No connection when I enable WEP on my router and
>> > wireless card. The wireless card (WPC54G) sees the router, but do not get
>> an
>> > ip address from the router (WRT54G). I know 100% its not the key, as I
>> cut
>> > and pasted this information into a document and stored locally on the
>> laptop
>> > for future refereance.
>> >
>> > If WEP is disabled, I get an IP address with no issue.
>> >
>> > I have also tried all the Linksys knowledge base articales, but none work.
>> >

>> ---

All,

I have disabled the wireless zero configuration and have installed the WLAN
monitor that came with the WPC54G card and I can now conncect to the my
wireless network with WEP enabled. This proves that there is a bug with SP2
and there wireless configuration (unless there is something else that is not
setup correctly)

"PK" wrote:

> I am getting a Limited or No connection when I enable WEP on my router and
> wireless card. The wireless card (WPC54G) sees the router, but do not get an
> ip address from the router (WRT54G). I know 100% its not the key, as I cut
> and pasted this information into a document and stored locally on the laptop
> for future refereance.
>
> If WEP is disabled, I get an IP address with no issue.
>
> I have also tried all the Linksys knowledge base articales, but none work.

Any fixes available ???

"PK" ha scritto:

> All,
>
> I have disabled the wireless zero configuration and have installed the WLAN
> monitor that came with the WPC54G card and I can now conncect to the my
> wireless network with WEP enabled. This proves that there is a bug with SP2
> and there wireless configuration (unless there is something else that is not
> setup correctly)
>
> "PK" wrote:
>
> > I am getting a Limited or No connection when I enable WEP on my router and
> > wireless card. The wireless card (WPC54G) sees the router, but do not get an
> > ip address from the router (WRT54G). I know 100% its not the key, as I cut
> > and pasted this information into a document and stored locally on the laptop
> > for future refereance.
> >
> > If WEP is disabled, I get an IP address with no issue.
> >
> > I have also tried all the Linksys knowledge base articales, but none work.

Juan

Distinguished
May 5, 2003

Also face the same problem. Sorry for asking but, how do I disable zero
configuration?

"PK" wrote:

> All,
>
> I have disabled the wireless zero configuration and have installed the WLAN
> monitor that came with the WPC54G card and I can now conncect to the my
> wireless network with WEP enabled. This proves that there is a bug with SP2
> and there wireless configuration (unless there is something else that is not
> setup correctly)
>
> "PK" wrote:
>
> > I am getting a Limited or No connection when I enable WEP on my router and
> > wireless card. The wireless card (WPC54G) sees the router, but do not get an
> > ip address from the router (WRT54G). I know 100% its not the key, as I cut
> > and pasted this information into a document and stored locally on the laptop
> > for future refereance.
> >
> > If WEP is disabled, I get an IP address with no issue.
> >
> > I have also tried all the Linksys knowledge base articales, but none work.

Start -> run -> type in msconfig and enter.
The msconfig screen appears.

Select Services tab and scroll to the bottom. Uncheck the Wireless zero
configration and hit the apply and then ok. You will need to recycle you
machine after this.

"juan" wrote:

> Also face the same problem. Sorry for asking but, how do I disable zero
> configuration?
>

> "PK" wrote:
>
> > All,
> >
> > I have disabled the wireless zero configuration and have installed the WLAN
> > monitor that came with the WPC54G card and I can now conncect to the my
> > wireless network with WEP enabled. This proves that there is a bug with SP2
> > and there wireless configuration (unless there is something else that is not
> > setup correctly)
> >
> > "PK" wrote:
> >
> > > I am getting a Limited or No connection when I enable WEP on my router and
> > > wireless card. The wireless card (WPC54G) sees the router, but do not get an
> > > ip address from the router (WRT54G). I know 100% its not the key, as I cut
> > > and pasted this information into a document and stored locally on the laptop
> > > for future refereance.
> > >
> > > If WEP is disabled, I get an IP address with no issue.
> > >
> > > I have also tried all the Linksys knowledge base articales, but none work.

peter

I was gonna get to it tonite and test it..........but you beat me to it.:)
peter
> All,
>
> I have disabled the wireless zero configuration and have installed the WLAN
> monitor that came with the WPC54G card and I can now conncect to the my
> wireless network with WEP enabled. This proves that there is a bug with SP2
> and there wireless configuration (unless there is something else that is not
> setup correctly)
>
> "PK" wrote:
>
>> I am getting a Limited or No connection when I enable WEP on my router and
>> wireless card. The wireless card (WPC54G) sees the router, but do not get an
>> ip address from the router (WRT54G). I know 100% its not the key, as I cut
>> and pasted this information into a document and stored locally on the laptop
>> for future refereance.
>>
>> If WEP is disabled, I get an IP address with no issue.
>>
>> I have also tried all the Linksys knowledge base articales, but none work.

Dear All,

We will have an option in the local area connection properties at the bottom
which say "notify me if the connection has limited or no connectivity"
uncheck it and u will be able to fix the problem.

Also, there is a possibility that firewall conflict between the windows
firewall in sp2 and the third party firewall. What you need to do is to
uninstall and reinstall the firewall.

Let me know if this has solved your issue.