Limited or No Connectivity !?!? NEED HELP PLZ!!!

iioxfate

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
Hey guys, i've run into many problems before and this is a weird one.

i was in the middle of playing a game of warcraft 3 @ azeroth..

all of a sudden i get this

( Limited or No Connectivity Problem )

first thing that came to mind was, simple restart and it'll go away, and i was wrong. i tried everything, from thinking the wire was crapped out, to maybe the internet is down, but nope, i have another computer right next to it that works perfectly fine. I even tried swapping the ethernet wires, + switching router ports, nope nothing worked. So i started googling the term Limited or No Connectivity and lotsa crap fixes came up. From SP2 Uninstalling to WinSockXPFIx, i've tried both and none worked. There also been some forums saying that recent updates in hardware may have cause it, so here i go system restore to 2 weeks, gave that a try, nope didnt work, tried to restore up to 1 month ago, nope didnt work either. Last but not least, i was thinking yeah maybe the motherboards ethernet port has given up, so here i go, i installed another PCI ethernet card 10/100, and it showed the same problem...

now i havent did anything, i was playing warcraft for 2 hours without a problem, and now im stuck with no internet connectivity bullcrap.. I NEED HELP GUYS!!!

will14

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
I'm going to be an ass here.
try buying a new one for 5-15$ and disabling your current internal one.
I don't think 5-15 is too much.
You did say your other comp is working.
I'm sure your going through a router so the other one is still fine doubt it's router settings.
If new card doesn't work your windows is messed.
In which case not sure how much you have but I'd say backup needed files to the other comp then reload windows + office + antivirus + games.
Just my $0.02

rocket_sauce

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004
I am going throught the same thing. I havent tried the NIC card yet, i have tried the Winsock Fix, ipconfig /renew, switching ports, etc. all to no avail. If the NIC card doesnt work then i will try to reinstall windows. Needed to do that anyway, but now i am curious as to why this has happened. There didnt seem to be a reason for it to stop working like it did. Mine did the same thing except I was on the web one moment and the next...nothing.... Doesnt seem to be much help on the web about this situation either which is puzzling also. A lot of theories, but nothing concrete. I will let you know if the NIC card works, I have read that it doesnt always work. I have also read that people still have these problems after reinstalling windows. Could be that the port is going bad would be my best guess, but I am not an expert with this.

rocket_sauce

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004
The NIC card did the trick :D . I am typing this from the computer that was having problems. I had an extra NIC lying around and placed it in my comp, booted up, placed cable into NIC, and now i am typing here to tell you it works. Good luck with your problem and i hope that it works for you. 8)

J_man202

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2006
I had the same problem with a laptop, so what i did to fix it was go into the device manager and unistall the network card(s)(if you have more then one)Reboot the machine then do a scan for new hardware in the control panel not through the device manager, when prompted click have disk (I download the latest drivers from the Manufacture) and locate the .inf file and loaded it and guess what it worked. So I would have to think that it would be the same for a computer

Try it and good luck

will14

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
The NIC card did the trick :D . I am typing this from the computer that was having problems. I had an extra NIC lying around and placed it in my comp, booted up, placed cable into NIC, and now i am typing here to tell you it works. Good luck with your problem and i hope that it works for you. 8)

YAY it's working for you GAME ON!
I was right...
It'll never happen again =P

iioxfate

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
after 2 frustrating things of googling...

i came to 1 simple conclusion, none of those winsock xp fix programs ever worked charmly like they claimed to be, but i did come upon a simple fix... resetting the linksys BEFSR41 router, had to use a tooth pick and press the reset button and hold for 3+ seconds, but it worked. For some odd reason, it worked fine right after i did that. I'm just wondering what could corrupt the router so bad during a game of warcraft =x

i was pretty close to formatting the comp and throwing the computer out the window then buy a 1000$ config core 2 duo !~ but this fix will let me wait out the core 2 duo, perhaps maybe buy it at the end of the year when prices drop :)

bwcm

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
Has anyone heard of the Limewire virus? I have had numerous similar stories and have run across 4 straight computers who were running the new limewire 4.10 (10.4 whatever)after shortly installing this starts. It appears to be a virus and continues to send errors aquiring IP address. I tried all the freeware suggestions like winxpsockfix also to no avail. Interesting point was that system restore points are even blocked past before limewire install. The only guaranteed thing that has worked for me is to reinstall OS and other apps and not latest limewire! If anyone elase has a guaranteed fix out there without blowing up the HDD let me know it would be greatly appreciated! Any other suggestions will be appreciated. Good Luck and hope this helps everyone else out. If you dont clean install it will come back!!!!! Cya BWCM

Thia has happen to 3 Compaq(Compaq Hell) and one Gateway(2 Hell) all with on board NIC and tried to disable and swap out to PCI.

Note: In one case also had a person who tried to fix MB by self service new wrong non Compaq hell power supply creating a whole set of POST problems thought were related!!!!! AGHHHHHHHHH cya thanks for any other input.

steeler

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2004
Hey guys, i've run into many problems before and this is a weird one.

i was in the middle of playing a game of warcraft 3 @ azeroth..

all of a sudden i get this

( Limited or No Connectivity Problem )

first thing that came to mind was, simple restart and it'll go away, and i was wrong. i tried everything, from thinking the wire was crapped out, to maybe the internet is down, but nope, i have another computer right next to it that works perfectly fine. I even tried swapping the ethernet wires, + switching router ports, nope nothing worked. So i started googling the term Limited or No Connectivity and lotsa crap fixes came up. From SP2 Uninstalling to WinSockXPFIx, i've tried both and none worked. There also been some forums saying that recent updates in hardware may have cause it, so here i go system restore to 2 weeks, gave that a try, nope didnt work, tried to restore up to 1 month ago, nope didnt work either. Last but not least, i was thinking yeah maybe the motherboards ethernet port has given up, so here i go, i installed another PCI ethernet card 10/100, and it showed the same problem...

now i havent did anything, i was playing warcraft for 2 hours without a problem, and now im stuck with no internet connectivity bullcrap.. I NEED HELP GUYS!!!

Except for playing warcraft, my sob story was my girlfriends mom was instant messengering, and internet browsing, but low and behold the same thing happen. I have a befsr41 router, but havent had any problems for a couple years hooking it up. I have a second computer than is working fine, unfortunatly my game machine is having the same connectivity issues. The ip address should be the one that the router uses, or whichever I chose, but it is a wierd one, and yesterday it changed again.

the only thing besides the cursed limewire thing that got installed was norton 07. I am attempting to find spyware, viruses by scanning with adaware, and spybot, as well as norton scans, and manual looking. I will let you know what and when I figure out what happened.

hollojohns

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
Hi
Im having problems with my wireless connection through my laptop, I keep getting Limited or No connectivity. The problem is i've tried getting on to another connection in the area and that works perfectly so just need some advice on how to connect to mine!!!

Cheers

Ben

G

If your computer always made connection with your router, then you start getting limited or no conductivity message, here is a little trick I use . Temporary disable the secuity on your router. reboot your laptop, it should make connection with your wireless router ( they will exchanged information). Turn off your computer and enable the security of your router. Turn on your computer , you will be prompted to enter the security code , wait until you get the limited or no conductivity message again note this is normal. Reboot your computer again, you should make connection this time without any problem. This procedure always works for me. I have both wired and wireless connection with my router ( desktop and labtop) If you have only one computer use wired connection with your router to change the router setting.

cdelsordi

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I am experiencing the same issue and have tried all of the aforementioned fixes with no success on my end. One thing that I wanted to put out there is that the IP address that the NIC is getting is not within the router's range. The IP is random for the most part but typically 169.254.<x>.<x> with a subnet of 255.255.0.0. Gateway, DNS and WINS settings are all blank. Is this significant in any way or just default behavior for the device?

bashdrew

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
I am also experiencing the same issue. I tried all the fixes that I can find in the internet.

1. I verified that the connection is good. My other computer is working fine using the cable.
2. I connected a USB ethernet adapter and it has the same result. So it's not a hardware issue.
3. I tried to run 'netsh winsock reset' but nothing happened.
4. I applied the patches available for SP2 but nothing worked.
5. I restored the system to a date that I know it was working well. Same result as above.
6. I ran an antivirus but didn't detect any.

Please help. I am running out of ideas. Thanks.

G

hi my pc is having the same case as above after install the latest limewire, do u have any solution of it?
my email is crisneoh83 @ yahoo . com

bwitch

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010

Rabin_23

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010
To solve the problem, Limited or no conncectivity,

click the two compiuters, then, go to properties, then go to advanced, then u can see NET WORK SETUP WIZARD at the down in the not.. click it and setup the small home... then it is solved!!

Rabin_23

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010
haha 4get this all and apply a simple process!

To solve the problem, Limited or no conncectivity,

click the two compiuters, then, go to properties, then go to advanced, then u can see NET WORK SETUP WIZARD at the down in the not.. click it and setup the small home... then it is solved!!

regenia68

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010

Mayusee

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010

Thanks, this worked for me. The support at HP could not figure it out and I paid them. I never thought about going to the website to see if I could find the answer. Thank you so much. I have been having so many computer problems and this was an added one that you helped me fix.

G

for limited or no connectivity solution

right click on Limited or no connectivity ICON on the system tray and click on repair, try to connect to internet, if can't try to do this

-click start and click run, then type cmd,
-Then u type ipconfig / release then enter,
-Then u type ipconfig / renew then enter,
-Then last but not least u type ipconfig / all then enter
-then try to connect to the internet
- if still not working

configured TCP / IP and DNS and force IP
-IP address:192.168.1.2
-Subnet mask:255.255.255.0
-Default geteway:192.168.1.1
-Preferred DNS:202.188.0.133
-Alternate DNS :202.188.1.5

Daave12

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
I think there can be no issue with your OS, you just need to get the network connected properly as there maybe some connection issues.