Limited or no connectivity, Tried Everything!

braun1884

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
heyy maybe someone can help me because this is driving me insane!

i have two computers...one with a D-Link WDA 2320 Rangebooster Desktop Adapter.
and the other is the primary computer connected to my Isp's modem and a Linksys WRT300N wireless router.

the computer with the rangebooster adapter has limited or no connectivity. It was working about 3 days ago. Usually i would do the ipconfig /release and renew deal but this had no effect. i then went in to the registry keys and deleted the winsock 1 and 2...still dont work, i keep getting this error. I then tried to do the tcp stack fix thing and still nothing...i tried the netsh thing and nothing. so i decided to go upstairs to the primary computer and reset the modem and the router, i configured the router and i went downstairs to the wireless computer with the rangebooster and i still get the error limited or no connectivity. i went into device manager and unistalled the rangebooster desktop adapter and reinstalled the drivers and still nothing!!! when i do ipconfig /all....it says DCHP enabled and the ip address is 169.254.x_x.x which i know is wrong!!! i called my isp which is Optimum Online and they said that it could be my symantec endpoint software protection but i checked it and its not blocking it. i even disabled it and still nothing. i tried giving a static ip and still nothing. it cant be the adapter tho because it recognizes the wireless networks around in my area, but it cant be the router because my ipod and playstation 3 connect to it just fine. :(

can someone help me out please, this is nuts lol

braun1884

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
anybody??? this is what i get after i do the ipconfig /all

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\user>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : user-63874e00d3
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown