[SOLVED] Limited size of SSD in laptop

Techmak

Prominent
Apr 15, 2021
Hi All, I have purchased an ASUS Vivobook S533E laptop with 512Gb SSD drive M.2, (Boot drive Win 10) and I have been advised by Asus that I can replace the SSD, to 1Tb SSD M.2. (Boot) The maximum apparently.
My question is what can / will happen IF I replace the drive with a 2 Tb SSD m.2 (Boot Win 10) instead. Will I damage the system,? will it work ?, Do I have to amend the BIOS (if the BIOS is capable of being adjusted) ? Would the laptop "find" the extra space and utilize it, or should I just not do it, and go with the 1Tb SSD ?
Thankyou in Advance

Solution
I don't even see in the specs where you can use 1TB, but if they say you can I'd assume you can.

I don't think it's likely that trying 2TB will damage anything. I think that if anything it probably just won't work.

If it were me I would go with 1TB....as I think there's a good chance there's a reason ASUS didn't tell you that you could go with a 2 TB.
I don't even see in the specs where you can use 1TB, but if they say you can I'd assume you can.

I don't think it's likely that trying 2TB will damage anything. I think that if anything it probably just won't work.

If it were me I would go with 1TB....as I think there's a good chance there's a reason ASUS didn't tell you that you could go with a 2 TB.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS