limited usage of data

Prashant omer

Reputable
Aug 14, 2014
i have limited data of 30 GB in between 12 persons.
how can I assign same amount of data to each person for a month that he can use?
I am using TP-link router for making a wifi connection at the home.

Solution
Almost impossible. The key issue is if the router would lose power it has no record of how much data has been used. In most cases you must use a firewall type of device that can store data. I think pfsense has this ability but i forget. The only router firmware that I know that even attempts this is called gargoyle and it only supports a limited number of routers. I do not know how they get around the power off issue. Of course this only protects against users who are honest, it does not take a lot to change a mac or ip address.
Almost impossible. The key issue is if the router would lose power it has no record of how much data has been used. In most cases you must use a firewall type of device that can store data. I think pfsense has this ability but i forget. The only router firmware that I know that even attempts this is called gargoyle and it only supports a limited number of routers. I do not know how they get around the power off issue. Of course this only protects against users who are honest, it does not take a lot to change a mac or ip address.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS