Line in and mic question (auzentech meridian 2g)

MadCatz900

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
So I just bought the X-Meridian 2G sound card and im looking for a way to have the microphone and line in port active at the same time, it only activates the one i select as default device, the other says currently unavailable. I could do with onboard sound and i hope its possible with this.

Thanks.

Solution

According to the user manuals, only channel can be selected at any one time. There is an option in advanced settings to enable monitoring the Mic through Analogue Output, I'm not sure if that will help you though, as I am not sure what you are doing...

Of course the above solution is based on using the supplied Oxygen HD Audio Software, not window's own sound panel...

Failing that, it looks as if you have to shell out more for the...

sir_shanahan

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011

According to the user manuals, only channel can be selected at any one time. There is an option in advanced settings to enable monitoring the Mic through Analogue Output, I'm not sure if that will help you though, as I am not sure what you are doing...

Of course the above solution is based on using the supplied Oxygen HD Audio Software, not window's own sound panel...

Failing that, it looks as if you have to shell out more for the Daughter Board but as the software limits use to one channel, that may not help.

Have you tried to get in touch with their tech support?

Perhaps another option to solve your problem is hardware based, using a preamp or mixer to combine your inputs into a single channel - again it depends what you are doing with the sound card...

Solution

MadCatz900

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
Hi, im trying to have my ps3 sound running through my line in port on my pc, so i have monitoring selected for that. But whenever i select line in the mic port doesnt work etc.

I will be sending the sound card back now anyway because i dont notice a difference from my onboard (which actually lets you use line in and mic at the same time :D)

Thanks.