Question Line in Not Working! Win 10 1909

Status
Not open for further replies.

orealius

Prominent
Mar 26, 2018
Win 10 1909 / Audigy FX SoundBlaster Line in NO AUDIO

Can't be sure, but it seems since the November update (1909) the LINE IN of my new audio card is not working. This is a replacement for a similar card that developed the same problem. We've tried uninstalling all Creative software and reinstalling the latest drivers. Checked all input sources etc. The audio output is fine. Like I say, it is just a sense that this started with the 1909 update, but can't be sure. I'm afraid that Microsoft is going to tell me to reset the O.S. which will be a time consuming measure with no guarantee of success, so any suggestions are very welcome!

Also, if all fails, is there an external USB sound card that would give me recordable audio that anyone might know of?

Thanks

Ralston18

Titan
Have you tried another known working audio cable? Sometimes just a different "fit and feel" to the plug will make a difference.

Take a close look around the audio port - make sure that there is no metal to metal contact being made. Inside or out.

Also look at how the card is seating - ensure that it is fully, firmly, and squarely in place.

Try running the built-in Windows 10 troubleshooters - the troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Lastly, right click the small speaker icon normally located in the lower right screen corner.

There will be (should be) a 4 item menu list that in turn leads to all sorts of windows, tabs, and properties.

Work your through everything. First just to check things and see if all is as expected. Then secondly to make a configuration change that appears warranted.

Change only one thing at a time and keep notes in case you need to undo a change.

orealius

Prominent
Mar 26, 2018
Thank you....We've tried all your suggestions. The only suspicious thing is the trouble shooter shows: "Generic Audio Driver".....Detected. I also ran the troubleshooter for the Line-IN and I get "troubleshooter cannot identify the problem.

Apr 3, 2020
Figured it out. Thanks to Microsoft's totally unintuitive updates you have to turn on MICROPHONE options in Privacy settings to enable LINE_IN!!! That make s a lot of sense doesn't it. Only took me all day!!!

Thank you. Thank you. And then thank you some more. Your agony saved me from going through what you went through. I finally stumbled on this and I was caught by the same privacy setting from update 1909.

achelos

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2013
I also have to log in to this old account say a huge thank you! Just finished building a dual PC setup for livestreaming and was trying to set up my GoXLR mini for OBS audio capture on the streaming PC. Could not figure out why line in wasn't capturing until I found this thread. For some reason the windows control panel still shows no decibel change in the sound meter but OBS is capturing line in audio as it should now. Thanks again!!!

Apr 24, 2020
I also have to log in to this old account say a huge thank you! Just finished building a dual PC setup for livestreaming and was trying to set up my GoXLR mini for OBS audio capture on the streaming PC. Could not figure out why line in wasn't capturing until I found this thread. For some reason the windows control panel still shows no decibel change in the sound meter but OBS is capturing line in audio as it should now. Thanks again!!!

I'm sorry but I can't seem to find it to enable the Line In. I went to privacy settings, Microphone and there is mention of Line In. I've been trying to solve this issue for days, tried everything...

Dec 11, 2020
Figured it out. Thanks to Microsoft's totally unintuitive updates you have to turn on MICROPHONE options in Privacy settings to enable LINE_IN!!! That make s a lot of sense doesn't it. Only took me all day!!!

Like the other guys I also have to comment here to give a big thank you. I was trying for hours to find a solution to get Line-In to work again to get the sound of my PS3 console on Windows. I knew the cable, console etc. weren't at fault as it worked perfectly last year and now it was this stupid privacy setting that muted the sound all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.