Question Lines on monitor screen

i have a BenQ XL2430T Monitor , a few weeks ago i noticed a horizontal broken line about 3 inches long at the bottom left of my screen , today another one appeared about 2 inches above it ?????

I dont know how to post a screen shot here so i will describe it as looking like you dragged your finger nail through frost on a windscreen.

I have heard of the phrase screen tearing but i though this only happened during a game , it is visible on the desktop and everything i use

Lutfij

Titan
Host your image on a site like Imgur or their ilk and then parse the image in this thread for us to take a look at. It could be a faulty display or an overheating GPU(or a corruption in your GPU drivers) or the cable might be failing. Might want to see if replacing the display cable with a known working one alleviates the issue.

Hello ... looking at the pins configuration i am using a dvi-d dual link , i only have a spare dvi-d single link but not sure if i should try it because the tech bits i read about the difference went a bit over my head .

Heres what i have tried ....
A spare monitor did not show the lines so its not the gpu
Tried a hdmi cable , widows made the door bell noise so it detected the cable being plugged in but i got a blank screen and a no signal message .
Updated the driver

I am running a gtx 1080 into the benq monitor set at 144hz refresh and 1920 x 1080

ötzi

Proper
Apr 2, 2022
Single link can't do 1080@144Hz so don't bother, the HDMI ports on the monitor only support up to 1080@60Hz so that probably caused the "no signal" message. Did you try setting the refreshrate down to 120Hz?

thanks for the reply , i have not tried altering the hz yet , as its at the bottom of the screen its not much of a problem , i was just curious to know what caused it , next time i go shopping i will get a new cable , i think its a case of " the dirty mark on the wall syndrome " you dont see the wall you see the mark .

btw the monitor is 6 years old