[SOLVED] Lines on screen from graphics card

Sep 14, 2019
Hi there,

I have a spare computer that hasn't been used for about a year as its a back up computer. Computer was working fine and I built it myself from used parts.

I sent to use it today as my main pc is having issues ( motherboard issues I think).

So I start up the spare pc and I get white horizontal and vertical lines. I suspect the graphics card is to blame, an Asus 4870. I tried my sapphire 4850 and computer worked fine.

What can I do to fix the card as it was fine a year ago? I also installed a new psu and still had same issue.

Computer specs below:

CPU: Core 2 quad Q6600
Motherboard: Gigabyte P35-DS3R
Ram: 4 x 2GB Corsair DDR2 PC6400&
Graphics card: Asus 4870
PSU: EVEA 650GD - new

Solution
If the GPU is indeed faulty, then I doubt you can repair and/or fix it. Chances are very slim. but to confirm this, check this GPU on some other PC as well.
Sep 14, 2019
If the GPU is indeed faulty, then I doubt you can repair and/or fix it. Chances are very slim. but to confirm this, check this GPU on some other PC as well.

OK thanks. But it seemed weird that it went wrong when it wasn't being used or getting overheated. Maybe since it's an old card anyway?
I will try it in another pc sometime, but can't now as only have one working atm.