Question Lines on the screen after installing a used MSI RX 570 Armor 4G OC ?

Feb 20, 2022
Hello
I recently purchased this used msi rx 570 armor oc 4gb after watching it perform good and took it home, installed it on my pc and the initial result was no post.
The computer powers on, gpu aswell, fans spinning and all, but screen is black.
After trying a bit it turned on but presenting these vertical lines all over the screen making it unusable. Nearly all the times that it would post, it was after i pressed del key to put it into bios menu first.
PC recognizes the card as a rx 570 series and says it has the latest drivers but it doesnt do much really.
Is this fixable?
Available for any question that can help for a solution.
Thank you 🙏

Pics of screen:
https://ibb.co/zbHZtY3
https://ibb.co/VpZv60c

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2022
Try reseating it in the pcie slot.
What is the rest of your system specs? Include make and model of your PSU.

I already tried reseating it in the pcie slot, actually the other gpu i have works just fine.
AMD Graphics dont activate and the AMD Settings app says its not compatible with my gpu.
I tried with a different pc too, doesnt post and doesnt even go to bios.

specs of 1st pc
i5 10400F in a MSI B460M Pro VDH
3200MHz 16 gb ballistix
PSU: EVGA 550W B3 modular 80+Bronze

specs of 2nd pc
ryzen 5 1600 AE in a MSI A320M Pro
3000MHz 16gb ballistix
PSU: EVGA 450W BR 80+Bronze

pic of gpu-z details

https://ibb.co/HhT3qrJ

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2022
the other gpu is a gigabyte 1650 super oc

Thats what i thought too, about the mining mod, not sure if that causes such thing.

the seller benchmarked the card as i asked but i didnt see it work in person, just pics.
I will try to return it, but im not too sure if the seller will accept it

Well thank you

It seems that he flashed the vBIOS and maybe put a corrupted one or he failed to flash it properly? Something like that. In any case, it's not the same with the one provided in the screenshot.
the seller benchmarked the card as i asked but i didnt see it work in person, just pics.
I will try to return it, but im not too sure if the seller will accept it
I know it hurts you that I will say this but you shouldn't have bought it if you didn't see it working, in person, or at least have the option to return it if it's not working as intended.
Where did you bought it from? Ebay?

Reactions: DJRio
Feb 20, 2022
It seems that he flashed the vBIOS and maybe put a corrupted one or he failed to flash it properly? Something like that. In any case, it's not the same with the one provided in the screenshot.

I know it hurts you that I will say this but you shouldn't have bought it if you didn't see it working, in person, or at least have the option to return it if it's not working as intended.
Where did you bought it from? Ebay?
it really does, because i recieved this via something like craigslist and i had to confirm that i got the right product, but i was out of town so i just decided to trust the guy... stupid of me

Feb 20, 2022
ok huge update, i just learned how to flash an amd card and tried it a couple of times till i got the commands right... No... more... LINES!!!!!!
Thank you so so much for pointing me in the right direction, that being the bios flash.
Card works perfectly fine now

Reactions: dotas1

TRENDING THREADS