[SOLVED] linking Microsoft office to account

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
hi guys,

apologies for all these questions but trying to get everything ready for the new motherboard.

i have sorted my windows 10 activation so i am good in that department, all i need to do is download the win 10 from Microsoft website and then sign in then that is it. window should do everything for me to activate my win 10.

i just cant seem to find an answer regarding my Microsoft office, i want to keep my office but no idea how to link it to my account. i bought the pc with win 10 and Microsoft office activated.

i have even tried finding out how to get my key too but no luck.

does anyone know how i can get to keep my Microsoft office?

many thanks

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
Magic Jellybean key finder.
Also, Belarc Advisor will retrieve that Office license key.
https://www.belarc.com/products_belarc_advisor
thank you guys, i have tried those already. for some reason they cant find office professional on my system.

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
anyone know how i can move my office to the new mobo?

i have signed in to my office, i have read that i will need to uninstall office then install it on new mobo when i sign in.

can i use my email address to sign in as the person i bought it off may have signed in with his details?

USAFRet

Titan
anyone know how i can move my office to the new mobo?

i have signed in to my office, i have read that i will need to uninstall office then install it on new mobo when i sign in.

can i use my email address to sign in as the person i bought it off may have signed in with his details?
Can you use your email address.....Unknown.

If the person you bought it from is still using that license, then you and he have problems.
Only one of you can use this.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ation-to/956244a0-385d-4e21-a21e-87b4179111d1

What version of Office?

Reactions: froggy8

USAFRet

Titan
i have just tried this software again and it did find my office but the product key looks strange. they are in numbers and not letters.
It should be a combination of numbers and letters.

he is the one who built this pc so i assume he knew what he was doing.
That is never a good assumption.
Where did HE get the Office license from?

USAFRet

Titan
Solution

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
Ok...Office Pro Plus 2019.

Still, you and we do not know how that license was acquired.

Assuming it is a valid license...install Office again after then fresh OS install on the new motherboard.
Apply that license key.

Assuming valid, it should work.

If you need to download the install thing, here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...c-or-mac-4414eaaf-0478-48be-9c42-23adc4716658
sorry didnt see that link you posted, many thanks. i think i know what to do now.