Question Linksys AC1200 acting strange

JMenard25

Commendable
Jun 21, 2017
I woke up this morning with messages on my Snapchat/social media and went to reply to them. Though when I did, I waited over 2 minutes and it did not send; I tried again but the same response happened. I tried looking up something real quick on the Web and it did not open; waited about 3 minutes. I then opened my router settings to find something strange; my router was offline but devices were still connected to it. I have reset the router and modem twice but to no avail. I need to say that earlier last week I updated my router’s firmware, but not to the latest because it will not accept V3.0 for some reason.

Urzu1000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
Try a reset and see if that resolves the issue. If that fails, then attempt to revert to an older firmware and see if that makes any difference.

It's very odd that you aren't able to update to the latest version of the firmware. That indicates a problem somewhere. Are you certain that you're loading up the right model's firmware?

JMenard25

Commendable
Jun 21, 2017
Try a reset and see if that resolves the issue. If that fails, then attempt to revert to an older firmware and see if that makes any difference.

It's very odd that you aren't able to update to the latest version of the firmware. That indicates a problem somewhere. Are you certain that you're loading up the right model's firmware?
I have checked. While I have regained my connection (it was, of course, something simple I missed), I checked the model of my router and visited the manufacture's site and downloaded the correct firmware updates.