Linksys equipment: WRV54G -> WET54GS5 -> Wired PCs -- DHCP..

I have a WRV54G Router/Access point.

HW Rev 02
SW Rev 2.25.2

It serves as my DHCP server and all devices which either wire directly
to its ethernet jacks or reach it via its wireless access point
successfully get assigned IP addresses when they ask for them.

I have since added a WET54GS5 Wireless Bridge/Five port switch
combination

firmware rev 4.85 April 1 '04

The bridge gets its own IP address via DHCP. I set the bridge up
using Linksys's setup CD. I have encryption enabled. I am not doing
MAC cloning.

I wish to attach PCs to the WET54GS5's switch. I want these PCs to
use the DHCP server on the WRV54G. In my testing only the first PC to
make a request from behind the WET54GS5 gets an IP address (and it can
reach the internet, etc). The rest do not.

Linksys support was no help.

Is there a way to configure these devices to do what I am trying to
do? I realize that, as a workaround, I can force IP addresses on these
PCs but I'd rather use DHCP.

Thank you,

Nulldev

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2004

> Is there a way to configure these devices to do what I am trying to
> do? I realize that, as a workaround, I can force IP addresses on these
> PCs but I'd rather use DHCP.

Could you test that anyway? I am reading so many bad things about
Linksys lately that I wonder if I should get their stuff at all. I've
read that the WET54G (with just 1 eth port) hardly ever works.

Tnx...

TRENDING THREADS