Linksys "range expanders" versus Linksys APs in Repeater m..

Anyone have experience with both?

Basically, I have a centrally placed Linksys WRT54GS router and I want
to extend its range through some problematic thick walls and ceilings
but I don't want to have to hardwire over to another AP.

I have a couple of the Linksys "range expanders" (WRE54G)
(http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?prid=629). I am not
impressed. They help a bit, but they are not boosting the signal
enough.

My guess is that a Linksys Access Point like the WAP54G configured in
Repeater Mode (so I don't need to cable between it and the wireless
router), might be better than those little range expanders.

Any opinions on these or other suggestions are appreciated.

Problem with repeaters IME is that with one radio, they slow your
network 50%, the radio has to receive your traffic and then send it on.
I've had better success using 200mW access point/routers rather than the
30mW stuff from Linksys, Dlink, etc. And no, I don't work for these
people, just bought their stuff.

http://www.senao.com.tw/english/product/Product_wireless01_all.asp