[SOLVED] Linksys RE6500 Wifi Extender Will Not Connect

kris_hm

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2014
I got a linksys re6500 today, it is used but i thought id try to set it up and see if it helps my wifi any and its giving me issues right out of the gate. According to the manual i read online this thing should come up with a solid white light after being plugged in for a short while, and it does. The solid white light comes on. Then i go to look for the wireless connection to setup the device, the wireless connection shows up, but i am unable to connect on all of my devices.
I tried using my primary PC in Windows 10 and in Ubuntu, and i tried using my iphone and ipad, but i always get the error that whatever device i am using is unable to connect to the network. Its not that i cant connect to the internet, i cannot connect to the wifi extender device to set it up so it will work with my dual band linksys router. I even tried using a hardwire to my pc from the extender device to no avail. When i tried with the hardwire it shows no connection at all on my pc, the extender shows a connection light however, but either way i cannot access the device this way either. The default ip for this specific device is supposed to be 192.168.1.1. I just get empty webpages with the browser telling me it cant find that page. I have reset the device via its reset button at least 10 times now, but the same thing happens over and over. If you read all this and im doing something wrong please tell me.
I have been fiddling with this thing for about 6 hours now and im about to throw it in the trash. I am under the impression it is malfunctioning and i cannot fix it.
From what it sounds like to me, i need to connect to the device via the wifi signal it puts out under Linksys Extender Setup, i should be able to connect to this as if it were a wireless network connection, then i should be able to configure the extender to work with my router and then bam, done, right?
I just cant access the setup at all. The device is giving me the finger.