Linksys RE6700 Wireless Extender Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

bricked

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
I have one of these. Out of the box the audio jack was physically broken. The wi-fi bridging and repeating were fast and reliable for five months, but now it drops the connection daily. Furthermore, the Belkin/Linksys privacy policy allows them to gather data on your home network (how many devices, what time you use them, how much traffic they generate, etc). I'm going to try the Amped REA20.

RocketChild

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
the Belkin/Linksys privacy policy allows them to gather data on your home network (how many devices, what time you use them, how much traffic they generate, etc). I'm going to try the Amped REA20.

I hadn't heard of the Amped product line and looked at them, they have a lot of choices. You'd think you could just disable traffic going back to Belkin/Linksys with your usage habits via your firewall (unless you are using a linksys firewall, ha!)

abbadon_34

Distinguished
the Belkin/Linksys privacy policy allows them to gather data on your home network (how many devices, what time you use them, how much traffic they generate, etc). I'm going to try the Amped REA20.

I hadn't heard of the Amped product line and looked at them, they have a lot of choices. You'd think you could just disable traffic going back to Belkin/Linksys with your usage habits via your firewall (unless you are using a linksys firewall, ha!)

DD-WRT-ish firmware?

ripusheet

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
i like linksys (when it works!) but if not, i realize that no matter in which country you live, you are alone.... (based on my own experience and what people write everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.