Linksys Speedbooster?

Any experience with the latest Linksys with it's "SpeedBooster" ? I need to
upgrade from a "b" router and wonder if this is a worthwhile product.
Thanks
LT

"LT" <lorentheodore@hotmail.com> wrote in news:cj5rc.85707$iF6.7303041
@attbi_s02:

> I need to
> upgrade from a "b" router and wonder if this is a worthwhile product.

It works, but only with other speedbooster products.

There are several flavours of "speed boosting technologies" such as
XtremeG, Nitro, and Speedboost. All work in the same way (compression,
reducing overhead, etc), and do provide an increase in throughput. The only
caveat is that these protocols are proprietary and are not WiFi standard.

--
Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)

"LT" <lorentheodore@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Any experience with the latest Linksys with it's "SpeedBooster" ? I need
> upgrade from a "b" router and wonder if this is a worthwhile product.
> Thanks
> LT

Be advised on the WRT54GS model Linksys has removed the outgoing port filter
available on their other routers which allowed you to block netbios and
other ports windows leaks by default.

I'm sending this one back for another and I'm hoping the non-speedboost
products still have the port filter.

Me wonders if Cisco made them remove this.