Linksys Teases New MU-MIMO Products At CES 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
MU MIMO is just another technology that is only going to usefull when your laptop and cell phone actually have the protocol as well. Maybe by the successor to 802.11ac then there might be enough devices with it to actually call it a selling point.

schiwing

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
Since Cisco dumped the Linksys line to Belkin a couple of years ago, I'd be leery of new products that are coming out as well as any from the past 3 years.

weilin

Distinguished
Honestly, with Cisco dumping Linksys to Belkin I've been relieved. It was under Cisco direction that Linksys cheaped out on everything...

It was under Cisco that we had multiple revisions of hardware with smaller and smaller flash and RAM.
It was under Cisco that a bunch of Wireless G network adapters didn't get 64 bit driver support.
It was under Cisco that firmware started having more nasty stability issues and bugs and many partial interface overhauls leaving the whole thing a mess.

It looked like Cisco was just letting money talk and wanted to invest as little into Linksys as possible. Under Cisco's reign the small business line for Linksys floundered and completely sucked (look up WRV210 etc).

Belkin can't do nearly as much damage to the Linksys brand than Cisco already did... From what I can see, Belkin has done an amazing job rebuilding the old Linksys reputation.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
Honestly, with Cisco dumping Linksys to Belkin I've been relieved. It was under Cisco direction that Linksys cheaped out on everything...

It was under Cisco that we had multiple revisions of hardware with smaller and smaller flash and RAM.
It was under Cisco that a bunch of Wireless G network adapters didn't get 64 bit driver support.
It was under Cisco that firmware started having more nasty stability issues and bugs and many partial interface overhauls leaving the whole thing a mess.

It looked like Cisco was just letting money talk and wanted to invest as little into Linksys as possible. Under Cisco's reign the small business line for Linksys floundered and completely sucked (look up WRV210 etc).

Belkin can't do nearly as much damage to the Linksys brand than Cisco already did... From what I can see, Belkin has done an amazing job rebuilding the old Linksys reputation.

belkin had hands down the worst router i have ever had the displeasure of using. the only saveing grace was in wired mode it worked... kind of.

wireless, we had an ipod touch and ipad, and an xbox, only one of which ever really connected at a time and it would always crap out, once we got more wireless devices we got the best consumer router at the time and everything was fixed.

with that said

give me a consumer router with per device throttling, its all i want. its such bs to have 75mbs down and 5mbs up, but if you use more than 3mbs up nothing will work coming down.

Status
Not open for further replies.