Linksys Wireless G router WRT54G V.5

alkaline84

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Hey everyone,

I Have a WRT54G Router made by linksys, I remember about 2 years ago i was able to download the setup wizard for it, i am not sure what happened to the site but cisco site has nothing but firmware updates. People ive talked to before tell me that i should be able to just go into the default config address at 192.168.1.1. But the router doesn't even connect when i setup my modem to the router, I tried setting up through ethernet cables and everything my only Assumption is that i need the setupdisk so my comp would recognize the device, Does anyone have a copy or know where to get a copy of software . Or does anyone know an alternative to resolve situation . THank you everyone!

Emerald

Titan
what kind of internet connection do you have?

disconnect the router from the modem and connect a computer via network cable, on the back of the router is a reset button, press it for 30+ sec and it should reset it to Manufacturer default.

in your browser enter 192.168.1.1 and login using username: admin/ password: admin

alkaline84

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011

Well im using timewarner and their modems are single port unlike verizon who will give u a dsl modem with built in router. and in answer to your question if i disconect the router from internet i wont have internet access itll just pull up no network page.