Linksys WMP600N not detected by ASRock B250M Pro4

nckhrs

Prominent
May 26, 2017
Hi,

I have an old Linksys WMP600N PCI adapter that worked fine in my old PC.
When I plugged it in to the new PC that I just built (ASRock B250M Pro4 mobo), Windows 10 doesn't even detect it. No entry with exclamation mark in Device Manager.

Does somebody know if WMP600N supported by ASRock B250M Pro4?
Could it be the setting in the BIOS perhaps?

Thank you so much.

Solution
Hi,

I found the solution and it works now.
Originally Linksys tech support told me it doesn't support Windows 10 and there is no plan for them to make driver for Windows 10.

There are 3 steps:

Step #1: I found that the card wasn't completely snapped in. I have to remove my graphics card first in order to plug it in properly. Make sure you don't see the PCI connectors in the card at all when it's plugged in.

Step #2: I installed the software from Linksys website (includes driver and Linksys Wireless Manager). It will ask to reboot, and it came back detected the card.

Step #3: Go to Device Manager, and let Windows 10 update the driver. The chipset is RaLink, and RaLink was bought by MediaTek. And MediaTek was kind enough to make...

nckhrs

Prominent
May 26, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from nckhrs : "Need help with BIOS setting for PCI (ASRock B250M Pro4) for wireless adapter"

Hi,

My ASRock B250M Pro4 doesn't detect my old Linksys WMP600N PCI adapter that worked fine in my old PC.

Is there a PCI setting in ASRock BIOS that I need to change?

Thank you in advance.

nckhrs

Prominent
May 26, 2017
Hi,

I found the solution and it works now.
Originally Linksys tech support told me it doesn't support Windows 10 and there is no plan for them to make driver for Windows 10.

There are 3 steps:

Step #1: I found that the card wasn't completely snapped in. I have to remove my graphics card first in order to plug it in properly. Make sure you don't see the PCI connectors in the card at all when it's plugged in.

Step #2: I installed the software from Linksys website (includes driver and Linksys Wireless Manager). It will ask to reboot, and it came back detected the card.

Step #3: Go to Device Manager, and let Windows 10 update the driver. The chipset is RaLink, and RaLink was bought by MediaTek. And MediaTek was kind enough to make driver for Windows 8. After Windows driver update, I saw the driver version is May 2015 (fairly new). I'm not sure if it's driver for Windows 8 or 10, but it works fine with my Windows 10.

Hopefully this could be useful for others.

Cheers.

Solution