linux alternative to itunes

me88

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
i'm planning on reformatting multiple computers to linux and i wanted to know if there is an linux alternative for itunes? i would do bit torrents but based on my experience it's mostly illegal content. to clarify i won't to be able to download music and videos like in itunes but with linux

mazboy

Commendable
Dec 28, 2017
Linux Mint 18.3 comes with 2 different music players already installed (you need to tell the installer to "install third-party software for graphics and wifi hardware, flash, mp3 and other media"

me88

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011

i wanted something like itunes where i can download music and video but a linux alternative. i do have content in itunes that i would bring over if i find something legitimate. i'm thinking bittorrents might be the way i have to go which i don't want to do. i don't won't pirated content because based on my experience there's always something wrong with it in one way or another.

me88

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011

does amazon allow you to download music and videos like itunes? if thats the case i can do that and just use the default media player that come with the distro. i was hoping linux would have an app like itunes but i guess not

Dave8671

Distinguished

Dave8671

Distinguished
I download my music from the amazon music web site. I know default music player banshee offers I have tried once it failed to download. Others that may are Rhythmbox, and maybe Guayadeque and GMusicBrowser.

I would test them yourself before you install one. As for video in linux you can watch Netflix and Amazon video if you install google chrome which has to be a download from the web. Login to each and enjoy.