[SOLVED] Linux Crashing issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

forzahorizon3guy

Honorable
Apr 6, 2018
Severe crashing issue, crashes so severe even the Linux Kernel goes down.
I need help. I have spent weeks trying to figure this out myself. and even a few hundred dollars in buying hardware to trouble shoot and to do diagnostics with.

Every. Single. Piece. Of. Hardware. Has. Been. Replaced. Period. motherboard, psus, cpus, ram, gpu, etc.
The issue persists.
I have tried completely wiping my install and reinstalling.
Even moving to different distros, desktop enviroments, etc
The issue persists.

Please help. Im loosing my mind.

Solution
Fellas its been solved.
turns out it was the one piece of hardware that I didnt think about.
System logs suddenly drop off into a black hole. just normal activity then absolutly nothing.
It was my HBA overheating it handles my OS drive too.
HBA overheats. shutsdown. taking all storage mediums down too.
OS looses access to drive and starts to cascade into a severe crash.
Things that hit the drive shut down when ever they call upon the drive again. something like the mouse being latent in memory constantly being the last thing to lock up makes perfect sense with this theory.

I ziptied a fan to the back of my graphics card (6600rpm 80mm) to create a hurricane around the expansion slots...

forzahorizon3guy

Honorable
Apr 6, 2018
Hardware info:
unknown.png

Ignore the fact it says 48 threads. it should say 96. I have hyperthreading disabled currently as im in a state of trying everything till something sticks.
the mobo is a https://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon/C600/X9QR7-TF_.cfm

forzahorizon3guy

Honorable
Apr 6, 2018
Fellas its been solved.
turns out it was the one piece of hardware that I didnt think about.
System logs suddenly drop off into a black hole. just normal activity then absolutly nothing.
It was my HBA overheating it handles my OS drive too.
HBA overheats. shutsdown. taking all storage mediums down too.
OS looses access to drive and starts to cascade into a severe crash.
Things that hit the drive shut down when ever they call upon the drive again. something like the mouse being latent in memory constantly being the last thing to lock up makes perfect sense with this theory.

I ziptied a fan to the back of my graphics card (6600rpm 80mm) to create a hurricane around the expansion slots
IMG_20220616_231323.jpg

The issue has alleviated itself.
Never suspected this because some fellas before told me HBAs dont need cooling because of how low power they are.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.