Linux Creator Linus Torvalds Declined to Join Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

spleenbegone

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
This doesn't seem like that big of deal. Anyone who is really passionate about something won't give it up for a job if they don't have to.

How many Tom's readers would give up computers for a job?

G

@outlw6669
What's going to make it strong between now and then?

spp85

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Those who live based on their heart will say a bold NO because it compromises our character, passion and natural talents that we have and no one had the right to challenge or deny those. Those who live based on following commands from mind may say Yes.

mobrocket

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
[citation][nom]Cryogenic[/nom]"In ten years when Apple has collapsed, Linux will still be going as bad as ever..."There, fixed that for you![/citation]

cryogenic u have no concept of linux and how much its used

G

Yeah Cryo, its not like every web server in the universe is already running on Mac... oh wait, thats Linux its running on.

Grow up you 12 year old ipad amazed kid.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
I would have turned down Apple simply cause I just do not really care for them. Don't get me wrong I do believe Steve Jobs was one of the greats and Apple does come up with really good products and ideas; its just the way they do business that ruins it all for me. When it comes to the way they conduct business, in some ways, they are worse then even M$.

G

lol cryogenic dont be such a noob, unix is BOSS OS... It's purpose is to work, to run servers. to have a system that does not fail.
you can take a linux server configure it and come back after 3 years, it will still run like it did when you left.

do that with microsoft, and when you come back there will be crash logs etc...

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]Cryogenic[/nom]"In ten years when Apple has collapsed, Linux will still be going as bad as ever..."There, fixed that for you![/citation]

Clearly, you seem to lack understanding of such a statement. Either way Apple will still collapse. As for the the Linux part well others have and I am sure will continue to take that one and set it straight.

seels

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Apple is superior to all Linux, Microsoft, and Google products anyway. They already have the most talented staff in the world, they don't need some loser like this.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
Linus doesn't need Apple. This guy has real smarts not a drop out wanna be like Jobs was. Would you want to work for someone like that? Jobs got lucky by just being around the right people at the right time and faking his way in. Linus has an estimated net worth of around 150Mil so I would say he is doing just fine thank you.

G

You're making a fool out of yourself. Try doing some research.

Over 90% of supercomputers and over 60% of servers use Linux.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009

Ask TH what they are using to provide this site to you. Chances are pretty good that they are using Linux with a LAMP configuration.

Linux has it's place, but it use more so because it can be adapted to just about anything. All kinds of appliances, Servers, workstations, watches, phones. You name it. Just because it is not widely used as a Desktop OS does not mean that it is going bad. It is is doing very well.

[citation][nom]seels[/nom]Apple is superior to all Linux, Microsoft, and Google products anyway. They already have the most talented staff in the world, they don't need some loser like this.[/citation]
I sense irony... or morony (sic). Can't tell; post some more so we can figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.