• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Question Linux in UEFI boot menu after SSD upgrade

TheBlueBaron

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
Greetings,

So today I upgraded my laptop to a Kingston SSD that I found for really cheap, swapped out the HDD. However I did also get a caddy and remove the DVD-ROM all-together and put the HDD in its place. Before the SSD, the HDD (1TB in size) was formatted in such a way that I had Windows on it, a Linux installation (KDE Neon) and a separate shared partition between Linux and Windows.

Now that I put a fresh install of Windows on the SSD, I do not care at all for the older Windows installation. Either-way any file I need, I can access directly from second hard-drive and I'll slowly delete unneeded files including the Windows installation all together. However, I do not know how to fix my Linux installation so that it shows up in the UEFI boot menu again (which I assume its configurations is now installed in the SSD rather than the older HDD).

I have no idea where to start from or what to do? Any kind of help is greately appreciated.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS