[SOLVED] Linux is AWFUL

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmptyCoconut

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
I have wasted so much time trying to get my computer to work. Not run optimally, not use any fancy software, just to work. My first problem was with wine. After realizing I couldn't get it to work, I downloaded Zorin. I opened the browser and saw I had no internet connection. I clicked on the wifi icon and it said "wired: not connected." I tried TWO different antennas and adapters. I went to the community, I used the terminal, I tried to mess with some code, but to no avail. Go with windows. It may be bloated and slow, but at least it works. Linux is not worth the literal headache.

Solution
This happens anytime there is a learning to do whether your going to Linux from Windows or trying to go in the reverse. You're just at the 'newb' level with linux and have much to learn. I see this at work all the time with users trying to go from Windows to MacOs. LoL

In your Linux example, you missed the obvious. "wired: not connected" is telling you that it is looking for a wired connection and you don't have a lan cable plugged in.

I grew up with Dos myself, windows was a relatively easy transition because it came with a user manual you could read. Linux was alot to learn imo. It's not intuitive as Windows was to me.

popatim

Titan
This happens anytime there is a learning to do whether your going to Linux from Windows or trying to go in the reverse. You're just at the 'newb' level with linux and have much to learn. I see this at work all the time with users trying to go from Windows to MacOs. LoL

In your Linux example, you missed the obvious. "wired: not connected" is telling you that it is looking for a wired connection and you don't have a lan cable plugged in.

I grew up with Dos myself, windows was a relatively easy transition because it came with a user manual you could read. Linux was alot to learn imo. It's not intuitive as Windows was to me.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.