Aug 6, 2019
Hello everyone,
First let's start with system specs:
CPU: Intel Pentium D 820
Mobo: Asus P5PL2
GPU: Sapphire HD 7770 Ghz edition
Desktop PC

The problem is:
I have two audio outputs: one on the back of the PC (which i use for surround sound system) and one on the front (which is for my headphones). After i installed the OS the front one stopped working. Tried going back to Windows 7 - everything works. Went back to the Linux - again the front one doesn't work. Switching the headphones and the surround sound system - the back one works and the front one still doesn't work.
So do you know where might the problem be, do i need to install any additional drives in order to make the front audio output work?
Thank you in advance!

joniop

Prominent
Aug 6, 2019
Hey guys,
Sorry for not being online for a while, but it was a busy week.
Okay, here is what happened. It seems that Pavucontrol helped me solve my problem. When I installed it, it detected all of the audio output. Then I found out that it detects my front panel (the one with the headphones) as unplugged. Although, I twinkered with the settings of Pavucontrol and then suddenly the audio on the headphones came on but still it showed that the headphones are unplugged. However, later when I restarted the computer, the sound on the headphones was again turned off. It still shows them as unplugged. Twinkered the settings, the sound came on.
I suspect that it alwayrs turns them off after restart because it detects them as unplugged. However, is there a way to make them show as Plugged in, in order to not always twinker the settings to turn on the sound on the headphones?

ryzengamer

Great
Mar 19, 2019
Pulseaudio is buggy and slows down performance. Install alsamixergui and qasmixer and remove pulseaudio. Check your audio devices with the command aplay -l and set the default audio output device number: sudo leafpad /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf
defaults.ctl.card 2
defaults.pcm.card 2

TRENDING THREADS