Question Linux Mint + Steam + UBISoft Connect ?

Lamarr the Strelok

Prominent
Sep 29, 2022
Hello all,on PC you need to use Ubisoft Connect to play their games. I have tried Lutris, Bottles and heroic launcher and none of them work properly for Connect . So I'm back to the simplest way of doing this: getting Steam to open Connect. I have an ubisoft installer.exe file on my mint desktop that I can right click on and open it with steam. Steam opens but it doesn't show Connect. I have tried doing searches for this but only get results for installing Connect on the deck, not on my Mint desktop computer.

Again I have spent many hours trying to get Connect running with no luck with Lutris, Bottles,and Heroic Launcher. It seems I'm close but can't get Steam to get Connect working .Any help is appreciated. I got hold of ubisoft support but they don't support Linux so here I am. I'm running Linux Mint 21.1

Last edited:

Lamarr the Strelok

Prominent
Sep 29, 2022
Also, I have tried adding connect as a game like i have done before. In non big picture mode I can click add a game- add a non steam game and it lists my programs. connect is'n't there so I click on Browse and it shows /, /home/myname,/boot/efi and it lists my other drives(photos-and my Mass effect 3 disc in my drive. I have spent hours trying to get access to the connect installer but the only thing I got that was close is an entry under /,/home/ or one of the other entries but that didn't start connect.I've done this method on other installations and on windows but I'm hitting a brick wall on this.How can I get to the connect installer exe file added to Steam? I'm fairly sure it'll work properly if I can just get Ubisoft connect inside Steam.