Question Linux on AMD CPUs.

Oct 11, 2019
I'm considering CPU's for a new build and was planning on the Ryzen 9 3900X. However the new build needs to run on Linux OS, and I've read some articles recently about AMD CPUs having issues with Linux. Has anyone experienced this issue or is it just a minor glitch that's being blown out of proportion? If it is an issue, then is there anything I can do to fix it or do I just need to use an Intel CPU?

Thanks in advance for the help.

I'm pretty sure Wendell at Level1Techs already tested a 3900X on at least Ubuntu without issues...(you can check his Youtube channel past videos to confirm this, but, I don't think many distros would still have issues 4 months after a processors release...)

I'm considering CPU's for a new build and was planning on the Ryzen 9 3900X. However the new build needs to run on Linux OS, and I've read some articles recently about AMD CPUs having issues with Linux. Has anyone experienced this issue or is it just a minor glitch that's being blown out of proportion? If it is an issue, then is there anything I can do to fix it or do I just need to use an Intel CPU?

Thanks in advance for the help.
The only issue currently is that fan speed can't be monitored on most motherboards. Apart from that, they work very well.

TRENDING THREADS