Question Linux on an external hard disk

aquabalbez

Commendable
Jun 21, 2019
Dear friends,

I'd like install a distro Linux in an external hard disk. In this hard disk there are two partitions: one it is empty.

Can you tell me the right procedure step by step?

Thank you for the coming replies.

aquabalbez

Commendable
Jun 21, 2019
Ok AllanGH thanks for your advice.

EDIT: I want install CAINE 10.0 on a partition of an external hard disk. Do you know if in internet I can find a tutorial or a easy guide step by step?

I hope with this software I can do a forensic analysis like a private detective.

see you soon!

Last edited:
I hope with this software I can do a forensic analysis like a private detective.
Make couple of steps back, and start your journey into Linux with some mainstream distributions. Run it in a virtual machine, or from a live USB drive. Once you master this, you can start thinking about installation scenarios.

And if you really want to go into forensics - get a book or two, how it is done properly. Otherwise no court or business will take your "analysis" for something more than a joke. And while you think about that - how you do analyze a system which does not boot off USB?

Authors to initially consider: Bruce Nikkel, Jesus Mena, and Darren R. Hayes...

A good background in coding and data encryption & communications is paramount.

To be taken seriously in most Western courts, you'll need a Bachelor of Science in Computer Sciences, and a Master of Science in Digital Forensics and Cyber Investigation or Counter-Terrorism and Cyber Security.