[SOLVED] Linux or raspbian

Bob cook

Prominent
Feb 19, 2020
I have a raspberry pi 4 I have kali linux 32 bit on it because it has 1gb ram or 2gb. I want to learn some python aswell as coding a little bit. Shall I change to raspbian or shall I get berry boot so I can boot both? Can you do linux codes on raspbian like get macchanger and other linux tools?

TL;DR shall I change to raspbian or keep linux?

Solution
Raspbian is also Linux ;)

As recommended above - get another SD, install Raspbian, and play with it. You will have to decide whether you want GUI or not. To add fun with Python n RPi, I'd recommend getting couple of LEDs / buttons / peripherals as well.

OldSurferDude

Reputable
May 18, 2019
What I would recommend is that you do the experiments to determine what works better for you. You can learn Python on any machine, but each OS has its quirks, for example, /dev/tty4 becomes com4 on Windows. Get another microSD and see what you like and don't like about each OS, or set up dual boot. You'll learn a lot more than taking another's opinion.

In my limited case as one who implements solutions (rather than noodling around with OS's), I have yet to find Raspbian inadequate, though I'm without a doubt that it has many.

Raspbian is also Linux ;)

As recommended above - get another SD, install Raspbian, and play with it. You will have to decide whether you want GUI or not. To add fun with Python n RPi, I'd recommend getting couple of LEDs / buttons / peripherals as well.

Solution