Linux server

Scott

This might be a stupid question but why is there no
download for the Linux dedicated server on the ut2004 website?

Thanks

Scott

Meltdown

Scott enlightened us with:
> This might be a stupid question but why is there no download for the
> Linux dedicated server on the ut2004 website?

There is - or at least there was. I've downloaded it, you see. Now that
I take a look at the site, I see no mention of an OS what so ever. Are
you sure they didn't remove the windoze version?

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

Scott

I need to read more :p

about: This package includes the files for Windows, Linux (32- and 64-bit),
and Mac OS X dedicated servers. It doesn't require the CD to install and
requires less than half the amount of hard disk space as a full install
(2.2GB). You'll need a dedicated server key, which can be obtained here:
http://unreal.epicgames.com/ut2004server/cdkey.php

Note that you'll want to get the 3236-1 (not 3236) patch. Ryan Gordon makes
these for Linux and OSX and there was a gcc codegen bug that caused
excessive map loading delays for servers using the initial 3236 patch.