[SOLVED] Linux vs win10 on browsing

Solution
Depends on the distribution Ubuntu will be slightly slower than Linux mint. With my testing I have learned that Ubuntu uses 1GB + when its running idle. Linux mint will use about 540MB idle. I have LM on a Thinkpad T520 which did have ubuntu. LM boots to the desktop a bit faster than Ubuntu did. firefox loads faster than on Ubuntu not by much.
Afaik. Windows have some more overhead then Linux, and thus Linux probably use slighly less resources.

However, you'll typically using different browsers in Linux vs. Windows. E.G. Firefox is the default web browser in most Linux distros, while Edge is the default one for Windows.

And I believe that the web browser you choose, and hardware speccs are more important than the OS you choose, when the only important measurements are the user experience from of web browsing.

Dave8671

Distinguished
Depends on the distribution Ubuntu will be slightly slower than Linux mint. With my testing I have learned that Ubuntu uses 1GB + when its running idle. Linux mint will use about 540MB idle. I have LM on a Thinkpad T520 which did have ubuntu. LM boots to the desktop a bit faster than Ubuntu did. firefox loads faster than on Ubuntu not by much.

Solution