Liquid AIO Testing

Joseph_180

Prominent
Mar 12, 2017
I bought a used corsair h50 aio and I wanted to test it before I put it into a computer to be sure it had no leaks. Does anyone know of any way of powering it outside the computer. Runs off 3 pin fan header btw

Solution
Just set it up close to your machine so you can plug the 3 pin header in somewhere on your motherboard so it powers up. Take some precautions of where to place it so it doesn't mess anything up if there is a leak. I've been watercooling systems for 17 years now. I have a small external HD enclosure with a power on/off switch that I use to power my pumps and such when I'm doing leak tests. That way I can power systems up to check for leaks, and not have to worry about anything going horribly wrong if there is one. ;)

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Just set it up close to your machine so you can plug the 3 pin header in somewhere on your motherboard so it powers up. Take some precautions of where to place it so it doesn't mess anything up if there is a leak. I've been watercooling systems for 17 years now. I have a small external HD enclosure with a power on/off switch that I use to power my pumps and such when I'm doing leak tests. That way I can power systems up to check for leaks, and not have to worry about anything going horribly wrong if there is one. ;)

Solution

Joseph_180

Prominent
Mar 12, 2017

What exactly do you use to test the pump. Like is this something you can buy or what

TRENDING THREADS