[SOLVED] Liquid Cooled GTX Titan X Overheating

Voodoo8648

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2015
I have an EVGA Liquid cooled GTX Titan X Hybrid purchased from Microcenter December 2015.
Lately, the GPU temperature sits at 50*C during normal computer use. Web browsing, Youtube ect.
Temperature during gaming has been hitting 90-100C.

I was used to seeing the card sitting in the 30C range several years ago and never coming close to 90C during gaming.
My computer has been freezing up and locking up lately and I suspect it might be due to GPU temps.

What can I do? I don't see any leaks.

Solution
Reapply thermal paste.
Then again, that card would be getting up there in age; the pump may have finally failed - and they inevitably do.

If/once the pump has failed, there aren't too many options on resolving it:
1)Miraculously acquire another of the EVGA Hybrid kits for the Titan X. EVGA long since discontinued this item.
2)Acquire a Kraken G12 and an Asetek-made AIO. [Asetek use a universal mount with their coolers, so no need to be too selective with them.]
You can recognize an Asetek cooler with their signature round cold plate and gasket:
iu
The Kraken G12 is compatible with...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Reapply thermal paste.
Then again, that card would be getting up there in age; the pump may have finally failed - and they inevitably do.

If/once the pump has failed, there aren't too many options on resolving it:
1)Miraculously acquire another of the EVGA Hybrid kits for the Titan X. EVGA long since discontinued this item.
2)Acquire a Kraken G12 and an Asetek-made AIO. [Asetek use a universal mount with their coolers, so no need to be too selective with them.]
You can recognize an Asetek cooler with their signature round cold plate and gasket:
iu
The Kraken G12 is compatible with the Titan X Hybrid, which still follows the reference board design. It is available in black or white.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS