[SOLVED] Liquid Cooler keeps shutting off randomly; Overheating Issues

May 22, 2020
Ive been dealing with this problem for a long while now, and its only getting worse as time passes. So i will be using my computer as normal, browsing the internet, playing games, and i will randomly hear a USB disconnect noise from my speakers. I'll look down at my computer tower and see the fans on my liquid cooler stop spinning. Opening my cpu temperature monitoring program will show me that my temperature has jumped up to 80-90 Celcius and soon after my computer will completely shut off without any warning. This will happen completely randomly, sometimes minutes after i turn on the computer, and sometimes ill go a day or 2 without it happening. I have already gotten a replacement Liquid Cooling system but im still experiencing the same issues with the brand new cooler, so im not sure it was the source of the problem.

Am currently at a loss at what to do next, since I am honestly not very tech savvy when it comes to hardware problems like these, so any help would be appreciated.
My computer specs are as follows:

Motherboard: ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi Fi)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Power Supply: Corsair RM 850x
Cooling system: Corsair Hydro Series H80i v2 High Preformance Liquid CPU Cooler

Last edited:
May 22, 2020
Forgot to mention that I have also dusted the entire inside of the computer and checked the connections for all wires, if thats also important.