[SOLVED] Liquid Cooler Question

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Wondering if i was to invest in a AIO liquid cooler for my Intel 10700 System, if it would cool well, or should invest in a different air cooler than stock one, overheating issues isn't much lately as got A/C working better in room here, so cooler a bit now than was.

Would it be too much stress to continue with my continuous use of the system if i go the AIO water cooler method, usually game til 2-3am some nights, then let it do any maintenance tasks, or sometimes i listen via bluetooth headset relaxtion audio til i fall asleep. Or it's doing system image backup once a week. Some folks said it's bad to leave on like i do, and some folks i've spoken to say it's fine to do this.

Except when i ran a manual virus scan with Windows Defender, i hit 100C for a second, scared me, so i cancelled the scan, just wanted to check to make sure system all clean with monthly virus scan before Image backup

Cooler right now on it is Intel Stock LGA 1200 Cooler that shop installed

2 Options i have is lug it back there, and tell them what its doing, and let them fix it, attempt to install a new cooler myself, possibly voiding 1 year warranty on the hardware install, or invest in either 120mm or 140mmm top exhaust fans, and see how it does cooling wise after that as first step

Last edited:
Solution
its pretty easy nowadays, many years ago cases did not have cutouts in the back , so you'd have to take everything out to change coolers that had a backplate, now its easy, just be sure not to apply too much thermal paste or too little
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2MEAnZ3swQ
you'l see most methods work, the quantity matters though,
when you have a problem and need to go to them, just put the stock cooler on and act like ur innocent :p
I'm guessing they didn't put a warranty sticker on the side panel so, they wouldn't know you changed anything.
if you think you still can't do it, let them sort it out.
Jul 9, 2020
yap you need a better cooler but, you don't have to get a liquid cooler, a good air cooler is comparable in performance to most AIO's, I got a schythe fuma 2 on one of my pc's and it's really impressive what it can do for the price, or an nhd-15 that is gonna outperform a lot of AIO's

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Oh ok, well maybe i'll check out the other air cooler options as well, if i do the install myself, will be my first time ever, nervous as heck so far, but since can't afford one as yet, right now watching videos, and trying to learn in my head that maybe i can do it....((still not sure though)

lugging it back to the shop is second option, but a little nervous with tempered glass side panel doing that aspect of things.

and probably to make sure didn't void the warranty already, i'd probably have to reinstall the wifi card they installed the day i picked up PC, as when got home installed my TP Link AX-3000 wifi 6 card, worried that may void the warranty to lol.

Jul 9, 2020
its pretty easy nowadays, many years ago cases did not have cutouts in the back , so you'd have to take everything out to change coolers that had a backplate, now its easy, just be sure not to apply too much thermal paste or too little
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2MEAnZ3swQ
you'l see most methods work, the quantity matters though,
when you have a problem and need to go to them, just put the stock cooler on and act like ur innocent :p
I'm guessing they didn't put a warranty sticker on the side panel so, they wouldn't know you changed anything.
if you think you still can't do it, let them sort it out.

Solution

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Yeah gonna continue watching some more videos, then when i have the money later on, decide what is best to do for sure, still on deciding stage at the moment.

No sticker on the case, but i'm sure they'd notice the red wifi card heatsink lol if i end up going back to shop

Thanks for thermal paste application video in the post here, watches that in a moment

Reactions: hectic1