Question liquid cooler

spartaks2000

Reputable
Mar 21, 2018
i have ryzen 5 2600x with its stock cooler it was fine, but then i tried this good looking and cheap
Deepcool Gammaxx L120T Blue , and now my cpu on hight load shows 68 degrees(was araund 60-65 on rzyen stock cooler)

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Did you happen by any slim chance to follow the directions when hooking up the fan and pump? Because if you did, that would explain things.

The directions state pump to cpu_fan header, and fan to sys_fan header. Unfortunately, the sys_fan header responds to a temp sensor on the motherboard that registers case temps. So what you end up with is the fan speed trying to cool a 40°C case, with the cpu hitting 66°C and not changing anything with loads.

There's 2 ways to change that, depending on your bios. Some bios allow different addressing for the headers, so you can change sys_fan to respond to cpu temps instead. If you don't have that option, simply swap the pump to sys_fan and put the fan on cpu_fan, just make sure in bios to set the sys_fan header to 100% duty cycle permanently.

This way the fan will actually spin up to necessary speeds with increasing loads.

Reactions: spartaks2000

spartaks2000

Reputable
Mar 21, 2018
Was my first time setting up liquid cooler maybe i put it somehow wrong?(the logo is upside down) also what is the app to control the pump and vents speed, i mostly baught it because its good looking, but the tems i think too hight for liquid cooler, also did i need pour in liquid my self or its in already?

Was my first time setting up liquid cooler maybe i put it somehow wrong?(the logo is upside down) also what is the app to control the pump and vents speed, i mostly baught it because its good looking, but the tems i think too hight for liquid cooler, also did i need pour in liquid my self or its in already?
AiO coolers are already filled and sealed, nothing to do with them, just properly mount and connect. All simple coolers like that need pump to run full speed all the time and that's why AIO_Pump headers are mostly not adjustable for speed. Fan(s) should be connected to CPU_FAN header for proper speed adjustments by CPU temperature.
Proper orientation for radiator is hoses at top, fans to push thru radiator.

Reactions: spartaks2000

spartaks2000

Reputable
Mar 21, 2018
Did you happen by any slim chance to follow the directions when hooking up the fan and pump? Because if you did, that would explain things.

The directions state pump to cpu_fan header, and fan to sys_fan header. Unfortunately, the sys_fan header responds to a temp sensor on the motherboard that registers case temps. So what you end up with is the fan speed trying to cool a 40°C case, with the cpu hitting 66°C and not changing anything with loads.

There's 2 ways to change that, depending on your bios. Some bios allow different addressing for the headers, so you can change sys_fan to respond to cpu temps instead. If you don't have that option, simply swap the pump to sys_fan and put the fan on cpu_fan, just make sure in bios to set the sys_fan header to 100% duty cycle permanently.

This way the fan will actually spin up to necessary speeds with increasing loads.
looks like i have that opinion

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Pic looks fine, nothing wrong at all with the setup as is. If you want to have the logo reading correctly, just pull the pump off, and turn it 90°. No worries.

I'd advise getting a small tube of decent paste and some isopropyl alcohol (90% or better) and coffee filters if you do, it'll probably require cleaning/repaste. Just be careful of the hoses, don't stress the fittings on the pump.

Which way does the air flow on the radiator? Is it blowing out of case or sucking air in? One way to tell is to put a piece of paper on top of where the radiator is. If the paper moves up then its moving out, if it stays flat then its sucking in. You want the air to be blowing out. Also your gpu is pretty close to your cpu, I would up the speeds of the case fans to move more air through your case while gaming, heavy cpu use.

TRENDING THREADS