[SOLVED] Liquid cooling compatibility

Jcortez89

Reputable
Nov 27, 2016
Hello! I've started looking in to liquid cooling my graphics card. I live in a very hot state, and my card puts out some heat as well even with a bunch of case fans and a set of fans directly under the card. I have a small enclosed liquid cooling system for my cpu but i was looking in to doing liquid cooling for both with a reservoir setup. I have a DUAL RTX2070 O8G EVO V2 card and I'm having a hard time finding or understanding compatible water cooling systems for it. I don't know what will fit my card. If anyone has any suggestions or can point me in the right direction for a compatible cooling block, or explain to me how to find one that fits, I would greatly appreciate it.

Solution
Heat output won't change, just so we are clear. Water cooling just more efficiently removes heat from the system.

Here is a block:

https://www.newegg.com/phanteks-ph-gb2080asdevo-bk01-gpu-water-block/p/N82E16835709157

There might be more out there, but generally water cooling equipment is only manufactured early on in the cycle of a GPU series. Those that water cool rarely do so after the cards have stopped production as they are always after the latest.

Also just check on ebay for already water cooled cards like yours, they will list the details of the block they have fitted, then you can look for the loose blocks or old stock still on the shelves.

As for the rest of the system:

Two fittings per device, you will want to...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Heat output won't change, just so we are clear. Water cooling just more efficiently removes heat from the system.

Here is a block:

https://www.newegg.com/phanteks-ph-gb2080asdevo-bk01-gpu-water-block/p/N82E16835709157

There might be more out there, but generally water cooling equipment is only manufactured early on in the cycle of a GPU series. Those that water cool rarely do so after the cards have stopped production as they are always after the latest.

Also just check on ebay for already water cooled cards like yours, they will list the details of the block they have fitted, then you can look for the loose blocks or old stock still on the shelves.

As for the rest of the system:

Two fittings per device, you will want to pick a tubing type and size.

CPU block that fits your motherboard socket.
GPU block
Pump/Reservoir (Typical) Either a DDC or D5 variant being the two common standards.
Radiators, typically you want copper/brass ones.
You will want static pressure fans for the radiators.
Drain port, so budget for a ball valve, T-junction, and an additional cap.

Depending on the radiator fan count, you may need a fan hub or splitters for your motherboard.

Solution