liquid cooling expert

im too scared to do it myself, inexpirenced and unknowledgeable... how does one just find a professional, and give the whole pc to him to just put a water loop in it that fits my needs and looks or is that just not possible and I gotta learn how to do it myself... I mean I would LOVE to do it myself but honestly im too scared and have no clue where to buy parts and have never even seen a real water loop irl

jacobweaver800

Respectable
Dec 15, 2017

There isn't really a person out there that will just watercool your PC for you, what type of system are you using? It sounds like you should be using an AIO liquid cooler instead of a custom loop, they are super easy to install and have a very very low possibility of leaking.

I wanted to buy a aio one but it just doesn't look as good... I know a guy that could install it with me (he helped me put my new pc together physically although I did most of the work he just told me what to and what not to do while I did it...) but I dont think he knows how to put a custom loop in

jacobweaver800

Respectable
Dec 15, 2017

I would take a look around at AIO's there are some really nice looking ones, but I do agree a custom hardline water cooling loop is much nicer looking.

What are your system specs?

h440 razer edition case (actually not yet but I will buy it in acouple of weeks, probably this month)
gtx 1080 asus rog strix (3 fans)
asus z370-h motherboarrd
16 gb ram crosair 2400mhz ddr4
crosair tx750w gold 80+ psu
i7 8700k cpu
I would want to overclock some of these but I haven't even gotten remotely close to knowing how to do that and from what ive heard dont even try or think about it if you haven't got a watercooler

jacobweaver800

Respectable
Dec 15, 2017

Actually, that's bull, you can overclock that Strix card just fine with it's air cooler, and as long as your not using the box cooler from the 8700k, which it doesn't have. Your going to need a decent air cooler to overclock. Like the Hyper 212 Evo, it's around 10 dollars USD and you can overclock just fine on it.

If you got the money to spend....

Singularity Computers
Declassified Systems
8Pack

Warning... it aint cheap.

Or you just have to try and figure out if there is someone local to you that is into water cooling and can maybe help you out or build it for you.

Sure it is some kind of risk involved but it aint rocket science :)
Read, read and read and look around on youtube.
I used "singularity computers" as my main videos when learning how to do hardline.

if I overclock and not buy a custom water loop, I will buy a aio tho I still REALLY want that awesome acid green tubes look

jacobweaver800

Respectable
Dec 15, 2017

I wouldn't even recommend a watercooling loop for the OP's system. A dedicated watercooling loop just for the CPU, the GPU's cooler is perfectly fine and will handle a hefty overclock, and it makes a ton more sense to go with a fancy large tower air cooler or an AIO liquid cooler.

jacobweaver800

Respectable
Dec 15, 2017

You might be able to find an AIO liquid cooler with clear tubes that you can just add coloring to.

wait... do aio only go to the cpu? cause thats what ive seen by far but I wanna cool my gpu too...
is it possible to change the liquid inside a aio? I can buy an acid green thingy and maybe put a blacklight inside the pc or smthn or just... you know... put neon green liquids in there.. heard there are some who glow naturally without a blacklight atleast a tiny bit

jacobweaver800

Respectable
Dec 15, 2017

As far as I know it is possible to AIO a GPU but it is highly unrecommended and isn't worth it. Also, you have a triple fan Strix card, so your GPU has a plenty power full enough cooler to have a heafty overclock on and you shouldn't water cool it, it's just not worth it.

Yes, it is possible to change the liquid color inside an AIO, some manufacturers even go as far as to put in a dedicated fill port to top off your AIO and add colors if your using clear tubes.

any recommendation for aio coolers? preferably a one with clear tubes and an ability to change or mix the liquid
hope I can find it where I live as usually amazon makes the shipping really costly to Israel but that expected but if I have to I will pay it...

jacobweaver800

Respectable
Dec 15, 2017

https://www.amazon.com/LEPA-Exllusion240-Refillable-LPWEL240-HF-included/dp/B019RPP92W/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1530580243&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=Lepa+Exllusion+240mm+Liquid+CPU+Cooler

This one is pretty expensive but is a nice clear tubed AIO that should have a fill port on the pump reservoir combo.

seems good and anything that is really below 200$ is really no issue problem is, on amazon that is 25$ just shipping... ill see if I can find it somewhere else

I cant seem to find any ones with a clear tube near me so maybe ill buy it maybe ill settle for smthn else... thanks for the help! now I know that im gonna buy a aio and maybe in my next computer (probably in a 237845237848 years) ill work hard and make a fully custom water cooling system!

jacobweaver800: Do anyone really need a custom water loop? no. No one really needs it since everyone can use some kind of regular air cooler.
No one needs a Ferrari. No one needs a boat the size of an island. No one needs gold plated forks to eat. See where I am going with this?
If I take myself. Do I need a full custom waterloop? No I dont.
Do I want one? Yes!
Why?? Its so bloody expencive! well tadaaaa... I like the looks and the fact that the computer is silent and running cold.

And when it comes to AIO`s... almost all of them is overrated and most high end aircoolers can do the same job or even do it better.

siaan312: You take your computer and ship it to them and they build it for you with your parts ofc........

jacobweaver800

Respectable
Dec 15, 2017

By what the OP stated, it sounds as if he can build it himself he just wants help with the water cooling loop. Also, there are multiple perfectly legitimate reasons for having a custom water cooling loop.

Water transfers heat much more efficiently than air can, making cooling much easier, and water cooling a CPU, especially a CPU with liquid metal instead of thermal paste between the die and the IHS, allows a CPU to run much much cooler than even high end air coolers can achieve. Overclocking is a big one, it is fairly hard to hit high overclocks on modern CPU's, like the 8700k, without water cooling, on air the 8700k (liquid metaled) runs hot as hell at 5 ghz or higher however on water cooling with a decent double or triple radiator and a good water block that same CPU can run as much as 20 degrees cooler versus an air cooler (depending on ambient temps and thermal paste application and cooler) not to mention they are really silent with only the noise of the pump visible.

Also, they look really nice .