Liquid Cooling Fan loud and not cooling properly?

rasmusdyreholt

Reputable
Jul 18, 2018
So I'm a bit confused as to this problem:

When I'm gaming, my i5-6402P processor gets about 60 to 65 degrees hot. At this point my liquid cooling fan starts to get very loud. So loud that I can occationally hear it through the noise in my headphones. I find this very odd and I don't know what I should do or how to check if something's broken?I'm not a genious with PC's.

Solution
You can look at replacing the fans with quieter fans (eg Noctua).

What RPM do they run at, anything greater than 1000RPM wil be load. Also remember that you are trying to force air through the radiator, that in itself is going to make noise. So is teh noise from the fan itself, or due to the airflow over the radiator.

What cooler do you have?

asoroka

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
a temperature of 65 is not fatal.

I suspect that you have configured your fans to start speeding up as the temperature gets to this point.

Have a look at your fan speed profile and see if it is appropriate, you may be able to change the temperature at which your fans get to 100%

rasmusdyreholt

Reputable
Jul 18, 2018
I did have that configured and I've just changed it so that's good.

I still don't get why it's so damn loud though? Even at 100 % it shouldn't be this loud. It sounds like a vaccum cleaner.

asoroka

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
You can look at replacing the fans with quieter fans (eg Noctua).

What RPM do they run at, anything greater than 1000RPM wil be load. Also remember that you are trying to force air through the radiator, that in itself is going to make noise. So is teh noise from the fan itself, or due to the airflow over the radiator.

What cooler do you have?

Solution