Liquid Cooling GPU

bubbapan10

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018
So i have a zotac geforce GTX 1060 3GB Graphics Card and i was wondering if it is worth it to liquid cool my GPU? When I run my games my CPU doesnt really get above 30-40 degrees celsius, but my GPU gets around 80-85 degrees celsius. Anything will help, thanks.

Its not worth it.
Temps in the 80s are acceptable, and you can always turn up the fan speeds on whatever card you have now.
Adding a liquid cooler would cost hundreds of dollars for what, a little lower temps? Maybe a few % better OC at most? Its not worth the investment on anything less than a flagship card.

bubbapan10

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018

Okay thanks. How do i turn up the fan speeds?

Those temps are higher than I normally see even on the single fan mini versions. Make sure the fan is actually working. Check what others are getting on temps for your version. Mine has 2 fans and it hardly hits 50c. There's absolutely no reason to wc such a low tdp gpu. You can change speeds with msi afterburner.

it's probably the single fan card.
the problem with it, as well as with other cards that have similar design like EVGA 1060 Gaming, is that the cooler beneath the fan is a simple aluminium block. looks a lot like intel's stock coolers. It simply can not properly handle the cooling of ~100w GPU good enough. Even setting the fan to higher RPM will probably not fix it.
The "liquid cooling" solution is a bit too expensive for this card. you are looking at ~100$ for the bracket like NZXT G12 and some AiO. IMO - this card simply not worth this kind of investment.
What you can do:
1. make sure that the card gets enough fresh air.
2. sell the card and get a better one.
3. get some after market GPU cooler. companies like arctic cooling making them, but they are still 30-50$.

TRENDING THREADS