May 9, 2020
I have recently installed a new water pump because my old one burned out but I am facing issues with large air bubbles in the system and can't seem to get them out. I have tried tilting the case around and I have let the pump run for 3 days, no luck. if anyone has any ideas on how to remove the air pockets please let me know, I have attached a photo of the air pockets in the system. although not ideal this is the route: Pump, Radiator, Cpu, Gpu, Pump. I have attached a photo with what I believe is all the air in the system which can be seen with the case on its side.
Image can be found by clicking had issues uploading image.

please let me know if anyone has any ideas! this is driving me crazy!

Thanks.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Yes, you have a very big problem here, most of which is caused by airlocking the loop.

Vent the cap of the reservoir and ensure it is at least 80-90% full and turn the PC on. With the reservoir vented, the pump should be able to push the air through the loop and into the reservoir. As it does, the reservoir coolant volume will drop, so be ready to refill it as necessary. Leave the reservoir vented until the majority of the air is removed and coolant flow is normal.

Replace the cap to the reservoir and then tip and tilt the case to get air bubbles which are likely still trapped in the radiator to move into the reservoir. Repeat the steps for venting and refilling the reservoir, recapping and venting until all air is removed and only coolant remains.

May 9, 2020
Then you have blockage somewhere. Open the fill port and see if you have any pressure built up. Can you actually feel the pump working?
removed fill cap, pressure released. I am going to purchase a flush kit and run it through. the pc sat for a while because I didn't have the money to purchase a new pump for a couple of months, Issues of being a college student! will get back when the pc is flushed and refilled.

May 9, 2020
Yes, you have a very big problem here, most of which is caused by airlocking the loop.

Vent the cap of the reservoir and ensure it is at least 80-90% full and turn the PC on. With the reservoir vented, the pump should be able to push the air through the loop and into the reservoir. As it does, the reservoir coolant volume will drop, so be ready to refill it as necessary. Leave the reservoir vented until the majority of the air is removed and coolant flow is normal.

Replace the cap to the reservoir and then tip and tilt the case to get air bubbles which are likely still trapped in the radiator to move into the reservoir. Repeat the steps for venting and refilling the reservoir, recapping and venting until all air is removed and only coolant remains.
I did all that, I am thinking im going to flush the system with white vinegar and distilled water to see if that solves the issue, if it doesn't I am going to pull apart the system to full inspect the water blocks.

May 9, 2020
Then you have blockage somewhere. Open the fill port and see if you have any pressure built up. Can you actually feel the pump working?
Found the issue! took out all the water blocks and radiator and flushed each one individually, noticed a lack of flow with the cpu water block, opened it up to find a lot of build up from coolant! soaked them in a vinegar mix and am currently reflushing every component, should be good to go. will no longer be using EK's pastel coolant.

Reactions: drivinfast247
Found the issue! took out all the water blocks and radiator and flushed each one individually, noticed a lack of flow with the cpu water block, opened it up to find a lot of build up from coolant! soaked them in a vinegar mix and am currently reflushing every component, should be good to go. will no longer be using EK's pastel coolant.
That's what probably burned out your old pump. And be sure to use transparent fluids.