Liquid cooling question

Solution
You could Hide the res/pump combo that comes with the EK kit then mount the other res in view, would need more fitting and maybe more tube but its not hard todo if you have some were out of sight to put the pump/res combo.

Lutfij

Titan
You could use that aftermarket res in the loop but if you want to replace it with the res on the EK A240 kit then you're also to have to ditch the pump that comes with it since the reservoir is actually a pump/res combo meaning that if you get rid o the res, you're also getting rid of the pump.

Have you thought about going a custom liquid cooled approach? I'm not an advocate of using aluminium in a water cooling loop regardless of having the same metals(both in the rad and the waterblocks).

cavemantech

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013

thanks so far, yes this is for a friend for his first computer build, i have experience in building but i dont know much about custom water cooled loops, i usually just buy an AIO water cooler, but my friend would like a custom loop for the aesthetics and only really wanted a helix reservoir, but we have been looking at parts and it would seem to be cheaper to buy the diy kit and add the aftermarket res than to buy all aftermarket parts :)

Brett_Uk

Prominent
Jul 2, 2017
You could Hide the res/pump combo that comes with the EK kit then mount the other res in view, would need more fitting and maybe more tube but its not hard todo if you have some were out of sight to put the pump/res combo.

Solution