[SOLVED] Liquid Cooling Temps too hot?

Jul 3, 2021
So I have a H80i V2 cpu cooler. Now the issue I have isn’t with cpu temps or anything else component wise, my issue is with the actual coolant inside of the pump. Depending on ambient room temperature the idle is sometimes 28-30c but on warmer days it idles at 30-35c. The issue I’m worried about is when gaming certain games, I hit temps of 51-52c, my average is 46-48c under full load, but is that too hot? Idk, it’s just stressing me. Any help would be great

Solution
  1. I suggest to use hwinfo instead of hwmonitor
  2. The CPU-temp ist important.

If it is OK, then you need not worry about coolant temps.

3. the greater the difference between cooler ( CPU)-temp and room-temps, the greater the heat-dissipation. Therefore, if room-temp increases, fewer heat dissipation, and coolant and CPU etc. becomes hotter ( the difference in my room between 20 and 30 degree causes minimum 5 degree higher CPU and/or GPU-temps.

Imagine: If room-temperature is as high as coolant and radiator temp, then no heat dissipation can take place.
So I have a H80i V2 cpu cooler. Now the issue I have isn’t with cpu temps or anything else component wise, my issue is with the actual coolant inside of the pump. Depending on ambient room temperature the idle is sometimes 28-30c but on warmer days it idles at 30-35c. The issue I’m worried about is when gaming certain games, I hit temps of 51-52c, my average is 46-48c under full load, but is that too hot? Idk, it’s just stressing me. Any help would be great
What CPU?

USAFRet

Titan
Nothing in there is abnormal or too high.

alexbirdie

Respectable
  1. I suggest to use hwinfo instead of hwmonitor
  2. The CPU-temp ist important.

If it is OK, then you need not worry about coolant temps.

3. the greater the difference between cooler ( CPU)-temp and room-temps, the greater the heat-dissipation. Therefore, if room-temp increases, fewer heat dissipation, and coolant and CPU etc. becomes hotter ( the difference in my room between 20 and 30 degree causes minimum 5 degree higher CPU and/or GPU-temps.

Imagine: If room-temperature is as high as coolant and radiator temp, then no heat dissipation can take place.

Solution